Honored Contributor

Leggings are not tights and tights are not leggings

Disclaimer- I only use words like "hideous" and "heinous" to describe mistreatment of people or animals, such as denial of religious rights, discrimination, brutality....you get the idea. Fashion issues, however egregious, don't come under the blanket of such rhetoric for me. BUT- in my area of the world, there are women of all ages, sizes, and shapes who wander through life wearing tights when they think they're wearing leggings, and even I am chagrined at seeing that look, although I don't think it should be against the law. I doubt that there are too many women who think of wearing tights as leggings, especially with high heeled boots, as favoring one's appearance. Still, when someone dresses this way, I immediately consider whether they're dressing for hot flashes or orthopedic issues or just can't afford to do better. Just can't understand women going into attack mode against other women when how you dress is really nobody's business but yours.
Honored Contributor

Re: Leggings are not tights and tights are not leggings

I'm jumping here to say that I see the same here in my little corner of the world. I'm also going to say that IMHO MANY of the female species I see in leggings as tights or tights as leggings hands down SHOULD NOT leave their house in either leggings or tights. Let's face it women, we are NOT all built to sport such wears out in public! I often wonder if these same women even have a mirror to check themselves out prior to walking out their door. They certainly should be b/c what I see is well, just down right SCARY!!! Again MHO.

Respected Contributor

are these are the same women who wear a tank top that is supposed to be a LAYERING piece (to be worn UNDER another top)

Honored Contributor

Ms Fancy, why yes they are!

Frequent Contributor

I've also seen really obese women wearing bikinis and just makes me wonder what they're thinking. I'm overweight too and would never contemplate doing this, or the tights in public for that matter. Shaking my head!
Respected Contributor

Way too many women do not understand the tights/leggings concept. It's rarely pretty when they don't.

Respected Contributor

I'm trying to understand ""the rules"". Are you saying you don't like women wearing dresses with leggings?

Contributor

On 1/3/2015 Rtmom said: I've also seen really obese women wearing bikinis and just makes me wonder what they're thinking. I'm overweight too and would never contemplate doing this, or the tights in public for that matter. Shaking my head!

LOL Everytime we are on vacation I see it and also older very over weight men in skimpy speedos. We can tell who are NOT Americans just sitting in our beach chairs !!!

Super Contributor

And just who are they hurting by doing this? And why do you care? If it offends your sensibilities, just look away.

Honored Contributor

You lost me at disclaimer.