Respected Contributor

Re: Leggings Ladies - ShopHQ Legging Special Today

I got these, in black. I have worn and washed them once. They are very well made and the fabric seems to be equivalent to, or even more substantial than, the Yummie boot cut leggings that HSN had as a special a while back. The waistband is really wide and substantial. It made it through one washing without any twisting or rumpling in its casing. That's a good sign. I have a very old pair of Motto leggings with a waistband that twists horribly because the elastic casing is sewn about 1/8 of an inch too narrow for the enclosed elastic. I don't believe the elastic in these is encased. I think it is sewn on and folded over. The Kate & Mallory leggings are also much more substantial than the Motto leggings.

I bought these to wear to crossfit and they will work perfectly for that, as they come up high enough that my back won't be sticking out during pullups and I can tuck a thin shirt in for other portions of the workout. They are also pretty long for a legging, which is fine for me. I prefer to have them long and turn up a wide cuff at the bottom than to have them end above my ankles.

Lint collection? I haven't decided about this. They didn't seem to have any problems when they went into the wash, but they have some very fine fibers on them after washing. I use those tear-off detergent sheets and they seem to lose fibers in the wash a bit.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Leggings Ladies - ShopHQ Legging Special Today

On 1/2/2015 Favorite Son said:

I got these, in black. I have worn and washed them once. They are very well made and the fabric seems to be equivalent to, or even more substantial than, the Yummie boot cut leggings that HSN had as a special a while back. The waistband is really wide and substantial. It made it through one washing without any twisting or rumpling in its casing. That's a good sign. I have a very old pair of Motto leggings with a waistband that twists horribly because the elastic casing is sewn about 1/8 of an inch too narrow for the enclosed elastic. I don't believe the elastic in these is encased. I think it is sewn on and folded over. The Kate & Mallory leggings are also much more substantial than the Motto leggings.

I bought these to wear to crossfit and they will work perfectly for that, as they come up high enough that my back won't be sticking out during pullups and I can tuck a thin shirt in for other portions of the workout. They are also pretty long for a legging, which is fine for me. I prefer to have them long and turn up a wide cuff at the bottom than to have them end above my ankles.

Lint collection? I haven't decided about this. They didn't seem to have any problems when they went into the wash, but they have some very fine fibers on them after washing. I use those tear-off detergent sheets and they seem to lose fibers in the wash a bit.

Thanks for the review! I was tempted because they offer so many colors that are impossible to find anywhere else, but didn't order. Will look at them again.