Honored Contributor

Looking good in leggings.

70e16c9f842f9d3c2b29e721e2a2d937.jpg

Valued Contributor

yep, especially black ones with high heels that throw the pitch and walk off and make the person look like they are walking and stooped over at the  sime time. Boy I got us a home video and i have caught that ugly A** walk on me, not good. Posture needed now in addition.

Respected Contributor

Oh, those kids are SOOOO cute with their little leggin's!

Heart

Esteemed Contributor

If ladies want to wear them, OK..... just check in the mirror first.

I have the warmest fleece leggings with fur lining that I wear around the house in the winter.  But I'd never wear them out of the house, even to get the mail.  Just personal preference.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@wakefield64 wrote:

Am I the only one who is tired of see skin tight leggings on people who shiould not be wearing them? I am tired of this fad. How about "regular" pants or jeans.

@wakefield64

I'm of the opinion that no one of any age or any shape should be wearing leggings because no one looks good in them - but I'm in the minority so, as long as I'm not forced to wear them, I can live with everyone else wearing them. 

It isn't hurting anyone when someone chooses to wear something we don't like or that we don't think looks good on them. Maybe what we don't care for is that person's favorite outfit... It isn't important. 

Thank goodness we don't all like the same things! What a boring world that would be!

People wear leggings because old ladies wear pants or jeans!  Woman Wink  But it's true!  LOL!!!  And judging from this crowd, nobody wants to be an old lady!  

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

Don't like leggings on anyone.  Just because you have a tunic top (another item I am soooo very tired of seeing, especially the very long ones) over them, do not think that hides anything.  It does not, just accentuates it.  Leggings and tunics have always reminded me of court jesters and the joker on the deck of cards, Robin Hood and his merry men.  Leggings and tunics throw your body out of porportion.  Looks like very short legs and an extra long torso - not a good look.  Leggings and yoga pants are gym clothes or at home leisure clothes only in my opinion.   I do like slim pants with a longish top, not tunic length, but slightly longer than waist length.  I am liking the trend of long cardigan sweaters.

Of course many have a different opinion and that is great - we are all unique and have many different views and that is a good thing.  Life would be very boring if we all thought the same.

Your description made me laugh.  One of my Grandchildren  was shopping with me around Christmas time when he was about three years old.  There was a woman standing in front of us waiting to be checked out and he said". Grandma, there is an elf in front of us shopping."  I tried to hush him up, but he was so excited thinking that lady was an elf.  

She was wearing shooties and a long  belted tunic top over leggings. He kept pointing and staring and laughing as he was so happy to see an elf at the store.  I was embarrassed, but looking back I have to agree, she was dressed like an elf..

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@wakefield64 wrote:

Am I the only one who is tired of see skin tight leggings on people who shiould not be wearing them? I am tired of this fad. How about "regular" pants or jeans.

@wakefield64

I'm of the opinion that no one of any age or any shape should be wearing leggings because no one looks good in them - but I'm in the minority so, as long as I'm not forced to wear them, I can live with everyone else wearing them. 

It isn't hurting anyone when someone chooses to wear something we don't like or that we don't think looks good on them. Maybe what we don't care for is that person's favorite outfit... It isn't important. 

Thank goodness we don't all like the same things! What a boring world that would be!

People wear leggings because old ladies wear pants or jeans!  Woman Wink  But it's true!  LOL!!!  And judging from this crowd, nobody wants to be an old lady!  

Oh, I have to disagree.  The older ladies where I live wear leggings.  In the winter, they wear them with high boots.  

The teens are moving away from them.  I guess they don't want to wear old lady pants.  My granddaughters will not wear them anymore, not even the jeggings.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie

The elf story = LOL for the week!!!!!

Image result for lol emoji gif

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

I've never liked skin-tight clothing of any kind.  I do wear yoga pants but they're a relaxed fit.  Something like the picture below.  I usually buy a larger size to make sure they aren't tight.  For instance, I just purchased some Hanes capri pants that are supposed to fit tight but I ordered 2 sizes larger than my normal size so they hang more like slender pants.  

download (5).jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the belly laugh, @CARMIE.   Loved your "elf" story.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt