Respected Contributor

Re: Leggings? Enough

[ Edited ]

My take on this is that leggings came out of the "gym attire" precinct then some designer decided to make it mainstream and of course all the others picked up on it. I think every designer on QVC and elsewhere have a version of leggings some worse than others. But what I wonder is why women are so uncomfortable showing a little tummy bulge or muffin top in pants yet they are fine with showing every rippe, bulge and cellulite in leggings. I just don't get it.

Respected Contributor

Don't like leggings on anyone.  Just because you have a tunic top (another item I am soooo very tired of seeing, especially the very long ones) over them, do not think that hides anything.  It does not, just accentuates it.  Leggings and tunics have always reminded me of court jesters and the joker on the deck of cards, Robin Hood and his merry men.  Leggings and tunics throw your body out of porportion.  Looks like very short legs and an extra long torso - not a good look.  Leggings and yoga pants are gym clothes or at home leisure clothes only in my opinion.   I do like slim pants with a longish top, not tunic length, but slightly longer than waist length.  I am liking the trend of long cardigan sweaters.

Of course many have a different opinion and that is great - we are all unique and have many different views and that is a good thing.  Life would be very boring if we all thought the same.

Respected Contributor

@santorini

Sorry to hear of your accident.  It is a frightening thing - everytime we get in the car we take our life in our hands.  Hope you are progressing well and will soon be back to your healthy self.  Angels were looking out for you.  Hope others were not seriously injured alsol

Honored Contributor

I only wear leggings when I'm going for my power walk. The best thing to wear, so glad they were invented!!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I see plenty of regular pants and jeans; I see bootcut, full leg, slim leg, skinny, straight.  And yes, I see leggings.  I don't wear them but I don't mind if other women wear them.  No one died and left me Fashion Boss, so it's not my place to decide who should wear leggings and who shouldn't.  I can only make that decision for myself....I have....I don't wear leggings.   

Honored Contributor

I am not a legging person either. I don't own any or wear them. I don't like super tight pants of any kind. I don't find them comfortable or flattering on my body. I get a bit tired seeing a tunic top with a legging as a default outfit on so many women in so many situations, but that is their choice. I think leggings are here to stay. As long as I can still find a few slim or straight leg pants I will wear those instead. 

Honored Contributor

Some here act like there are no other choices but leggings!  There is something for everyone's tastes so if anyone doesn't like them - well just don't buy and wear them! 

Respected Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

@santorini

Sorry to hear of your accident.  It is a frightening thing - everytime we get in the car we take our life in our hands.  Hope you are progressing well and will soon be back to your healthy self.  Angels were looking out for you.  Hope others were not seriously injured alsol

Thank you, KathyM23.  No one else was injured.  I was walking across a street and a distracted driver ran a red light and mowed me down.  I'm thankful to be on this side of the dirt.  Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

Well, I guess I'll be the outlier here. I wear leggings nearly every day in the winter. I have some for casual and others for more dressy occasions. I am slim with long legs and I look pretty dam good in them!

Respected Contributor

Leggings would not be so bad if everyone stood up perfectly straight and did not bend over.  But do you look at your rear bumper when you lean over to get something off a bottom shelf? A frightening look for children and us older folks!  If you must wear leggings, please only shop the middle to top shelves. Thanks.