Respected Contributor

Am I the only one who is tired of see skin tight leggings on people who shiould not be wearing them? I am tired of this fad. How about "regular" pants or jeans.

Respected Contributor

@wakefield64

You are preaching to the choir!  ITA:  let your legs breathe!  

Now granted there are ladies that sport them well, but many do not.  I am tired of seeing skin tight leggings in the gym too!  90% of ladies wear them one size too small.

Respected Contributor

I TOTALLY agree with you. I've never understood the look for adults. IMO, after high school, just say no to leggings. Most women (me included) don't have long, model-perfect legs. Leggings show every single part....& for some every dimple. 

Same with Yoga pants. My 40+ niece wears them....& has never done Yoga as an excercise. When I was little, they were called "stretch pants". That's how I see Yoga pants for those who don't excercise....just another form of stretchy pants. 

I know I'll probably get hammered here....be nice now....just my opinion.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: Leggings? Enough

[ Edited ]

@wakefield64 wrote:

Am I the only one who is tired of see skin tight leggings on people who shiould not be wearing them? I am tired of this fad. How about "regular" pants or jeans.

No, you are not.

Respected Contributor

I think they're here to stay.  Pairing the right top is important.  Some ladies haven't mastered that part.  I was in a near-fatal accident a few months ago and I have daily physical therapy.  I wear leggings and long t-shirts to my therapy and it looks just fine. My legs are thankfully still in good shape.

Respected Contributor

Santorini- Heart

First, I'm so sorry that happened to you.

Second, lucky you to have good legs! In your place, I'd wear them too. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Leggings? Enough

[ Edited ]

@wakefield64   I don't criticize you for your opinion.  I may disagree from the perspective that I just don't think about leggings and as I respect your opinion to not like them, I also respect another's opinion that they have the choice to wear them.  I do wear leggings at the gym as it provides the most comfort and part of my "equipment" so I can move,bend, and flex.  Never considered I might be offending anyone.  Smiley SurprisedHeart

(When I see someone in the gym that is very obese sweating in her tights and tee, I so totally respect that person. Much respect.)

Respected Contributor

I think leggings are one of those things that can look good on everyone but you have ot have the right kind of top and in my opinion it has to be one that hits mid thigh. I think they look horrible if people wear them with a short top and I don't care if you are a size two or twenty two. They look cute with a tunic type top and knee high boots on just about everyone.

Frequent Contributor

ITA . lets get back to  pants. 

Esteemed Contributor

Shake my head when I see one of the larger model - poured in - a pair of those.  What in the world is the Q thinking?