Honored Contributor

Re: Legacy Legwear Opaque Tights - Review

@hoosieroriginal  I'm glad you asked.  I have a bunch of pairs of the fleece tights.  These are SO nice, warm, fit perfectly.  I believe I bought size B (5'4", 128-130lbs). 

I always wear tights and socks under all pants, jeans, jeggings, leggings etc when it's cold outside.  I may not wear the fleece tights under pants but I would if I wear a skirt.  They  hold their color, stay true to size in the washer, no pilling.

Respected Contributor

Have any of you Legacy girls also worn DKNY tights?  They are my 'go to' but I have been curious about Legacy for a long time. Do any of you know how they compare: comfort, longevity etc?  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

based on the review i am willing to try the legacy brand and i've always been a donna karan girl. 

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

Have any of you Legacy girls also worn DKNY tights?  They are my 'go to' but I have been curious about Legacy for a long time. Do any of you know how they compare: comfort, longevity etc?  Thanks!

DKNY was my go to tights but the only place in my area that carries them is TJMaxx or Marshalls and they are very hit or miss in finding them.

As far as opaqueness, I'd say they are very comparable.  The DKNY might be a tad more sheer.  The DKNY has more of a silky feel to the leg than the Legacy but I'd say these are close.  The DKNY I wear are the microfiber.   

Respected Contributor

Thanks @ladyroxanne & @Lipstickdiva for the DKNY comparisons.  Lipstick Diva, do you have a Nordstrom near by?  That is where I buy my DKNY tights.  Thanks for the tip about TJ Maxx & Marshalls.  I don't get to them very often (no stores near me) but next time I see one, I'll stop in to look for tights.

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

Thanks @ladyroxanne & @Lipstickdiva for the DKNY comparisons.  Lipstick Diva, do you have a Nordstrom near by?  That is where I buy my DKNY tights.  Thanks for the tip about TJ Maxx & Marshalls.  I don't get to them very often (no stores near me) but next time I see one, I'll stop in to look for tights.

No.  My nearest Nordstrom is about 45 minutes away.  I rarely if ever get out there.  Of course I could order them on-line because they offer free s/h. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@islandgrrl wrote:

No.  My nearest Nordstrom is about 45 minutes away.  I rarely if ever get out there.  Of course I could order them on-line because they offer free s/h. 

Ahhhh...gotcha.  I'm the same with Marshalls.  The closest is half an hour away.  The DKNY tights are a staple in my fall/winter dressing.  Thanks for your feedback on Legacy.  I'll try them next time I see a good price.