Honored Contributor

Legacy Legwear Opaque Tights - Review

I bought the all black set of this 3 pack a few weeks ago during AMS.  They were on clearance for under $18.00. 

These feel very, very nice on the legs.  They are control top which I always buy and this control top is perfect.  It's not too tight at all and it doesn't come down on the leg, which I don't like.  The toe is sandalfoot toe, it isn't reinforced.

As far as sizing, I ordered based on the sizing chart posted on-line for this specific item.  When I took them out of the package, I noticed the sizing chart on the back of the package is different from the sizing chart on-line.  The package size chart is smaller and according to that, what I bought shouldn't have fit.  The fit is perfect. 

As far as the opaqueness, these are not a "black-out" tight.  I can see my skin slightly through them.  But these aren't sheer and they aren't a summer weight. 

They also come individually packaged so if you wanted to share them with someone who is the same size, you wouldn't be handing them a pair of tights in a plastic bag.   

The only minor negative thing I can say is they do have an odor to them that was quite strong at first but as I've had them on for about 3 hours now, the odor is gone.  I was running late this morning or I would have taken them off to let them air out before wearing them.     

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Legacy Legwear Opaque Tights - Review

I ordered these tights in the colors and am very pleased with them. Don't like to go bare legged when it's 20 below outside, and these are a nice alternative to opaque tights, adds a little style elevation. I went with my normal department store sizing and they fit perfectly.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

Good to know.  Has anyone tried their fleecy tights? 

Honored Contributor

I've always been pleased with Legacy tights. I went by QVC's suggested sizing and had no problems. Is there anything worse than tights that slide south with every step you take?

Honored Contributor

That's good to know.

I wonder what the odor is?

Esteemed Contributor

@brii wrote:

That's good to know.

I wonder what the odor is?

I would guess dye. They wouldn't ship returned tights, would they? Ewwww.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

I ordered them, too. I really like them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm guessing the odor is the black dye.  These definitely weren't used and reshipped.  They were all packaged individually exactly as you would buy them in a store.  Each pair in it's own package.

I've bought tights that had such a tight control top on them they were unwearable.  Then I've had the ones that just slid down throughout the day.  Nothing worse than the crotch of your hosiery at your kneecaps.  LOL 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

I've always been pleased with Legacy tights. I went by QVC's suggested sizing and had no problems. Is there anything worse than tights that slide south with every step you take?

This is what I did too.  Had I ordered the size the chart on the back of the package suggested, I would have been able to pull them up over my head! 

Valued Contributor

I love the Legacy Tights and wear them during the cooler weather under my jeans and dresses.  They are the only ones I have found that fit well, wash well and wear well - in addition to being priced well!