Trusted Contributor

Re: Lee jeans..total junk!!! Anyone else have these issues??

@msh8970. If you don't wear top tucked in just sew a smaller button on.

Super Contributor

Lee Riders are my go to jean. Love them and wear them in different styles. Sorry you got a bad  pair. They are great for the price. 

Mint

Respected Contributor

@msh8970  I never wore Lee because the fit wasn't ever right for me, but I wanted to make a suggestion about the button problem.  Whenever that happens to me I just take a pair of scissors and gently "saw" away just 1/16 of an inch or so at the side of the button hole that farthest away from the zipper.  That will open the hole up enough that you'll be able to easily work the button.  I do this all the time.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

My Lee jeans hold up really well and I have no problems with button holes.  But I have learned that for me, I always have to try things on, especially pants.  Even the same brand pants each fit differently.

Honored Contributor

One of the best pair of jean crops I ever bought were Lee Premium from K-Mart of all places. They fit me like a glove.  Unfortunately, they only had 1 pair and I've never found them again anywhere.  I also google searched for them and don't find anyplace that carries them.  Not even the Lee website has them. 

Honored Contributor

hmmm...Lee Jeans are the only ones that fit me!  I have been wearing them for years and have never had a problem like you describe.

I wear their premier line, I think that is what is called.  They are more of a trouser jean than a traditional jean.

Regular Contributor

Funny, horrifying story!

I bought Lee jeans about a month ago from Amazon. I spent too much (around $50, but they were less expensive than my usual Maurice's jeans. I just retired a pair I had for YEARS). I ordered my usual size and they were too tight! I felt like they were crushing my mid-section. I exchanged them, sized up, same issue. Exchanged again, sized up, too loose in the mid-section; thighs were a little tight. I just wore a belt and thought the tightness would be fine.

After about two weeks, my seams from the crotch to the knee started to look snaggly. I had them on at work, and when I stood up to collect my students' tests, I heard a POP! My crotch blew out (which caused one of my students to snicker and say to her friend "OMG, did Miss Carter just [shizz] herself with that gasket?" No, student, my seams exploded due to my Chub-Rub Festival. Don't mind me). 

Never again will I buy Lee. 

Honored Contributor

@KaliaMonetOh my gosh!  What an experience!  In my classroom I would have said "You have to roll with the punches", (I had juniors and seniors), then pulled out the top.

I have gone to this jean because Lees were so thick.  I haven't worn them in 15 years I guess, but loved them for years.  PS  Take them back to the store, girl!

My shape is hour glass.  They sit 1 inch below the waist.

Ladies Bandolino Mandie Jean

Product Details

Honored Contributor

I wore Lee jeans years ago when I still shopped at our local mall and they were great quality. I must say they were about the same price years ago as D&C jeans are today.

Honored Contributor

@KaliaMonet

I think when you shop Amazon and or Ebay that you take the risk of getting bootleg product and I'm not referring to the cut of the pants either!