Trusted Contributor

Re: Leather Jackets In Fashion Colors

The high end designers are bringing out some of their leather apparel in  green for Fall 2017.  I was never a fan of green but I happen to see a green leather skirt recenetly ($500) and the color was gorgeous along with the style.  I have two beautiful leather skirts that I purchased from Nordstrom during their Annual beginning of Fall Sale.  One is black and the other is a beautiful burgandy color both are gorgeous and I got them both at a fabulous price.  I also have to black leather jackets.  One from years ago but its a classic style and it was expensive.  Its an outerwear jack that I still wear.  The other is also black but its something one would wear in place of a blazer or sweater.  I got that one from Nordstrom during a sale too.  

Trusted Contributor

I bought this leather jacket in petite last august when it was a TSV. It was $169.00. I bought it in the Mallard Blue shade. It was the right decision. I have never had more compliments on any jacket that I have ever owned. Glad that I went with "what felt right" and what goes with my coloring and wardrobe.

I can't wait to wear it again this year.

Respected Contributor

Wow you know back in the 1970s when I was a mere 20 something, my mom purchased two leather jackets from a department store in downtown Baltimore by the name of Stewarts. It was a big deal to get things from there. One was red and the other a light lime green. The style was classic and she worn them like crazy. I hated them back then! About 15 years ago, she said hey, do any of you girls want to take those jackets? Im sure color leather will come back and those are "good jackets." Neither me or my sisters wanted them...we thought they were ugly. So she gave them to Good Will. I sure wish I would have taken them!!!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Yes I checked the garment measurements before I ordered. It's tough for me being pear shaped and having a very small chest. It looked great on Katia, but of course it does on her..she is small busted but thin all the way down. I knew I would have to get a large but I was afraid it would poof out in the chest.

Reading all the positive comments here about this jacket I really regret canceling. I would pay the 109 if one popped back in, hopefully not a return. Then I'd always know I should have gotten it for 10 dollars less😅

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

I am a leather jacket junkie and have them in many different styles and colors. I really like not being limited to just black or brown. Get lots of compliments when I wear the "colored" ones. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a weakness for leather jackets and own them in many colors. Just loved Bradley Bayou when he was on the Q and picked up a number of his jackets, which were great values. The one I used to get the most compliments on was a soft pink ombré which faded into grey.  Every time I wore it, someone wanted to know where I'd gotten it, often total strangers. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I have an IM olive green quilted leather jacket that was a TSV 6 or 7 years ago I still wear it often during the color months, years ago I have a beautiful rust suede shirt jacket, I loved that jacket.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been a nut for leather and suede jackets and coats since I was in college and my aunt game me a tan suede jacket (that I wore to death!).   I've had many colors of leather/suede jackets and coats since then.  Currently have leather moto jackets in burgundy, light gray, red, and boring black.  

I looove that pine green color and wish you hadn't posted about it.  Now I want that pine green!!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I love them even though I don't get much opportunity to wear them here in southwest Florida. I have a good dozen in different colors. Some of them match up with a skirt or pants to make a suit. Might make a good "Outfit of the Day-If You Dare" photo. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I saw a dark green leather coat at NM.  It was gorgeous. (of course it was $$$$$$)

Over the years I've purchased a number of color leather jackets but the only one I really wore was a red one that felt like butter. I'm just not a leather clothes person.

To my eyes, the color doesn't mean a thing unless the leather is top quality.