Honored Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

She did appear much smaller on AMS 6/16. I do not care for her "natural" hair tho. It's TOO much, all you see is hair, & Leah is a lovely lady.

Although Leah has mentioned that her latest style is actually a lovely weave, as someone else who wears her hair natural, I  actually love the way Leah is wearing her hair these days! 

No need for me to straighten it to look like anything other than what it is.  I have the luxury of getting a blow-out, relaxing it, putting a curling iron to it, or anything else.  But natural is the most beautiful and most healthy for me.  

Respected Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

She did appear much smaller on AMS 6/16. I do not care for her "natural" hair tho. It's TOO much, all you see is hair, & Leah is a lovely lady.

@TX-starlight,

I'm sure you didn't intend to insult women who have natural hair, but you did. I am Caucasian, but I have a lot of thick, curly hair . It's kind of big and I like it that way. It's my signature and I receive a lot of compliments on it.

You may prefer straight, flatter hair, but keep in mind, not everyone does.

Respected Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 You are so right, & I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. My hair is on the frizzy side (I prefer straight), I guess that's where my thoughts come from. It's everyones choice, but when hair is so overwhelming it's hard to focus on a face. 

Honored Contributor

Leah looks fabulous.  While selling the top she is wearing in the photo posted, she told Isaac changes were happening.  Isaac asked her what those changes were and she said she has "lost a few lbs." 

In some of the clothing she is wearing she almost looks like she could go down a size.  This top looked too large on her as did one she was wearing last week.  The shoulders are hanging.      

Super Contributor
TX starlight...nothing at all offensive in merely stating your opinion that you don't care for the look of something. Curious that posters found your simple comment possibly offensive, but no comment about the poster who commented on her "annoying habit of going off topic".
Honored Contributor

@Justshop wrote:
TX starlight...nothing at all offensive in merely stating your opinion that you don't care for the look of something. Curious that posters found your simple comment possibly offensive, but no comment about the poster who commented on her "annoying habit of going off topic".

@Justshop  I just want to say that I made my comment not from being offended.  I don't think @TX-starlight meant to offend at all. 

But that being said, I have heard comments similar to that about a woman's natural hair for decades.  'Why doesn't she straighten it?"  She'd be pretty if she'd straighten her hair." "Beautiful hair is best sleek and long."  "Her hair is too big."  Etc. 

Of course everyone can have their own opinion.  It's just that this specific topic is a slippery slope for so many.  I was just addressing that part of the post, in my own opinion. 

Honored Contributor

@Justshop wrote:

@Justshop, you might consider the history of ethnic hair and how it has defined those of color. "Natural" has marked people in many ways, including making the job market difficult for them even still today. Women and men have historically gone to great lengths to make their hair more acceptabe, often involving hours and discomfort so that they could conform.

I never thought for a minute that @TX-starlight meant to offend with her "natural" comment. But it is good to be aware of the implications as they apply to WOC.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

I love Leah's hair! As someone with thick wavy hair, I've finally decided to embrace my natural texture and let it go. Big Hair, don't care. 

Football is my favorite season.
Respected Contributor

Tks for those defending me. I certainly didn't mean any intentions of offense. I know many white women who also have BIG hair. I think too much hair (no matter the race) is distracting from the beauty in their face. With my own hair being frizzy, I just prefer a sleeker look (I'm in envy of those who have the straighter hair). Hope that clears things. 

Valued Contributor

Leah looked even more beautiful on Sunday morning wearing the Lisa Rinna TSV.  Simple, natural, lovely.  She has become my favorite host.