Valued Contributor

Re: Leah is looking so darn good !

I've not seen Leah in a looooong time.  She looks so happy and content with herself.  I know she got divorced some time ago and hope she has a special man in her life now which may explain that glow in her face.  At least I hope so for she deserves a great man.  Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

As I recall, initially there were comments that Leah had been off the air for awhile and speculation that she might have had weight loss surgery.

PS. She might have wanted to keep that private if it were true. 

Honored Contributor

@Toots711 wrote:

As I recall, initially there were comments that Leah had been off the air for awhile and speculation that she might have had weight loss surgery.

@Toots711  I don't remember her being off air for awhile, maybe she was. I do remember many saying she couldn't have lost the weight so fast. Then of course, no one knew when she started to watch and pay attention to what she ate. Anyway, Leah told how she lost weight and didn't mention surgery. 

Honored Contributor

I don't recall Leah being MIA for any length of time and I don't think she lost it quickly either.

As for Antoinnella I thought her demeanor changed over the last few months on air. That could've been from external pressure from the powers that be but she came off as a bit frantic; not her usual laid back down to earth self I was used to seeing 

Esteemed Contributor

I always liked Leah!

She always has the best smile of anyone on QVC.

I actually got to see her in person several years ago on a trip to the QVC studio.

A real delight!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

While many people lose weight strictly for health reasons, most do so to improve their lifestyles, eligibility and appearance.

Unfortunately, we are a society that places a good deal of value on how attractive we appear. It's why cosmetic surgery is so popular and why we keep searching for the Fountain of Youth.

Most I've known who've lost a significant amount of weight have been delighted with compliments. It's a reward for a hard fought goal, finally accomplished. 

Leah is proud of her weight loss and is happy to share that she feels so much healthier, plus she's enjoying shopping for clothes.

Compliments can motivate people to maintain their results. It's a good thing. It doesn't discount who they were before, but celebrates who they are now.

BlueFinch, so beautifully said.  

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I understand it's meant to be an offhanded compliment when someone says that they look so good now that they have lost weight but I just take it differently. Leah has always been a beautiful woman. She never looked bad in my opinion. And with saying someone looks "good" now that they are thinner, just is crass. JMO

@ID2 , the OP never said any of that.

Honored Contributor

This long after the fact and there is still speculation.  Leah wasn't MIA and she certainly didn't lose the weight quickly.  Anyone with eyes could see the gradual weightloss over a period of months.

I thought Leah looked beautiful this past Saturday but I often think they do her a great disservice.  Last Saturday everything she had on was oversized and baggy.  I can't tell you how many times I slip past AMS and she is wearing clothing that is ill-fitting and she just looks sloppy.

I'm not sure if they have people backstage putting things together for them still or if Leah is picking this stuff out herself.  I think she is beautiful but they need to do better when she's hosting a clothing show.       

Honored Contributor

I admire Leah's wonderful personality.  I hope this achievement gives her happiness and life with the best health possible. 

Ladies. We are losing a lot in Among Friends on Weight Watchers 1970's and 1980's Quick Success program which was the most effective program. 

Come join us.   You educate yourself on how to eat.  We share recipes and delicious cooking methods. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I love Leah so much when she is on solo , I  never change the channel.  Not crazy that she's mixed up with someone on Tuesday nights.   Same with Carolyn.  Two of my favorites. And yes Leah is looking so darn good!