Regular Contributor

Re: Leah is doing a bang up job with Louie.

I agree Carolyn does a good job hosting but so does Leah. Since they are two different host, of course they will have different techniques in presentations. My point is why would anyone use classless words like 'Banged Up Job' when Leah did not. Why is there so much focus on the host than the product itself? Do not need to know how the material flows, where the darts are, the fit...... blah blah blah.... when you already know his work is always good.
Respected Contributor

CarolB: I noticed the same thing re: any kind of kissing. I noticed that when she has a male vendor she never gets too close or kisses them or even air kisses them. If you notice, when she does her shoe show, the guy comes out and even though she is pleasant she never gets near him. I find this rather odd as she will kiss the female vendors and even then she is kind of standoffish. Odd.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/3/2014 loveour4leggedfriends said:

CarolB: I noticed the same thing re: any kind of kissing. I noticed that when she has a male vendor she never gets too close or kisses them or even air kisses them. If you notice, when she does her shoe show, the guy comes out and even though she is pleasant she never gets near him. I find this rather odd as she will kiss the female vendors and even then she is kind of standoffish. Odd.

I feel that the kissing is phony and glad when it is NOT done. Besides, Louis had his wife with him. So, it would be polite NOT to kiss.

Respecting personal space shows confidence and politeness. Leah is always polite and a lady----class act. Carolyn, on the other hand, NEVER respects a vendor's personal space. She gets 2" from the poor vendor and mugs for the camera instead of looking at the vendor as they speak.

Regular Contributor

Watched the show on TiVo and I thought both Carolyn and Leah did a good job! I can't imagine that's an easy job plus they have different personalities. As someone mentioned, we have no idea what their producers are telling them in their ear pieces and that direction they are getting probably explains a lot about how a show goes.
Super Contributor

I like Leah a lot.
Honored Contributor

On 4/3/2014 loveour4leggedfriends said:

Bravo for the "no kissing". It is overdone and so, so unprofessional. Especially Lisa with the "sound effects" with it. She kisses a vendor when they arrive, when they leave and when they come back 10 minutes later with a new item. Few of the male hosts kiss female vendors. David does, but I don't think Rick or Dan H. do. Not sure about Dan W. I think it is so awkward as the vendors (especially new ones) don't know if they should prepare for the kiss or just stand there. It is fake anyway and even if host and vendor are close friends, does that make a difference in whether we order or not?

Super Contributor

I'm hoping for a LIVE show. They can give away Linea outfits and we'll

get to model them on air and talk to Louis one on one!

IT COULD HAPPEN. It did years ago, with some designer on the Q. "I've been dressed by Louis Dell Olio, can you imagine what a show that would be?