Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Leah in BD TSV Shrug (fabulous on her)

Crisp white on white (IM shirt) Leah had on the start of her show looked great together.

Esteemed Contributor

This is my first Barefoot Dreams purchase, as most of their items do not fit my style, but I thought the TSV was dreamy and would work as soft suiting, and I bought 4 of them a couple of days ago.  (My office is so cold!)  Now seeing the presentations I am nervous because I have not seen any plus size models.  I wear mostly XLs and size 18s, with some Q large mixed in, and i decided on a 1x based on my bust measurement and the garment bottom measurements (I like the gament to be ample t the bottom.  But the recommenation for dress size 18 is a 2X and they are telling some people to size up, so I am wondering what this will look like on me.  Has anyone seen this on plus models?

Trusted Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe

It's a crapshoot. See, this is what I mean! Showing me that size chart tells me NOTHING!!! Show the models and their sizes. Jennifer Coffey just said she's wearing the S/M so that tells me this is running snug because she always says she's in xxs in everything. Hope this helps. Is it possible to order the 2x as well and return the one that doesn't fit? It needs to be a bit oversized to look right to me. I think most of the models are wearing a too small size. So far, Leah looked best in it. 

⚓️
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @LoveMyBaby, I agree about the oversize, and your comments regrding the presentation, but with the dolman sleeve, this may have been a pass for me if I had to go bigger, as 1X is already bigger.  It may just be a bad fit.  I just watched the noon presentation and still no plus size model.  Really surprised at the Q.

Respected Contributor

See my earlier comment re looking better larger- I am normally large in tops but going by BD chart measurements would need 1X - wish they would show more models wearing larger sizes would help a little.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @dulwich, very helpful.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also saw Leah in a white shrug and the charcoal shrug this morning.  I have a feeling the shrug is on the thin side but we will have to wait for reviews.

This a.m. at the TSV, I went online and there were no bust measurements.  How can you buy a garment with no bust measurements?  I did not look now to see if it was added.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe  The vendor was saying go by your bust measurement if you are between!  So I am going to go by their chart re bust and will be 1X could be wrong but again vendor was wearing size which she could kind of fold over/ or wrap around the front of her but hung loosely when she ‘unwrapped’ herself- lot of the models could not wrap their tops as edges were at the end of their busts - so hopefully my take on sizing works.  

Sorry if this sounds weird depends what look you prefer.  For me looser looks and hangs better both front and back but not a look for everyone.  Good luck to both of us.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @dulwich, going by bust size chart, I am a a clear 1X, not in between.  I am wondering how it will look.  Hopefully good since it is too late to cancel my 4 purchases!

Respected Contributor

This shrug/cardi will not be flattering on anyone who is even slightly heavy