Esteemed Contributor

Re: Leah and other hosts, and QVC, enough already that Oprah is on the cover wearing NYDJ Jeans

@BARBIE100 wrote:

@tropics21 wrote:

Leah, Kerstin, other hosts and QVC, enough already stating that Oprah is on the August cover of O magazine wearing these jeans!!!! It is ridiculous, so far today both hosts have said Oprah at least 20 times, it is liking hearing Jane Tracy and the stupid FRIYAY a hundred thousand times. 

You must think that because a celebrity wears jeans that is reason enough to purchase. You must think your customers are stupid.  It is not the case.  As a matter of fact, broadcasting as a selling point that Oprah is on the cover wearing the jeans is a reason why I would not purchase as well as others.  I feel it is an insult.  I was surprised how many times Leah mentioned Oprah, my respect for her diminished this morning

I totally agree with everything you said and more. The way that some of them squeal out her name  OPRAH! is especially annoying to me. Just my humble opinion. LOL

@BARBIE100 Funny you use such a flashy font style when you are being humble...

Trusted Contributor

Re: Leah and other hosts, and QVC, enough already that Oprah is on the cover wearing NYDJ Jeans

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@BARBIE100 wrote:

@tropics21 wrote:

Leah, Kerstin, other hosts and QVC, enough already stating that Oprah is on the August cover of O magazine wearing these jeans!!!! It is ridiculous, so far today both hosts have said Oprah at least 20 times, it is liking hearing Jane Tracy and the stupid FRIYAY a hundred thousand times. 

You must think that because a celebrity wears jeans that is reason enough to purchase. You must think your customers are stupid.  It is not the case.  As a matter of fact, broadcasting as a selling point that Oprah is on the cover wearing the jeans is a reason why I would not purchase as well as others.  I feel it is an insult.  I was surprised how many times Leah mentioned Oprah, my respect for her diminished this morning

I totally agree with everything you said and more. The way that some of them squeal out her name  OPRAH! is especially annoying to me. Just my humble opinion. LOL

@BARBIE100 Funny you use such a flashy font style when you are being humble...

Yes, it is rather funny. That's why the LOLSmiley Happy 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Esteemed Contributor

I did not watch any of the NYDJ presentations, and clicked on this post because I wondered about people criticizing Leah, I don't ever recall seeing a post critical of her.  I don't care for NYDJ.  I bought some from QVC and absoultely hated them.  They say to size down, but I don't even know what that means in QVC, a lot of the times in pants I size down 2 sizes to get a good fit.  I think I eneded up buying my true size and I absolutely hated them.  They were pull ons, I have big hips, and it was like getting on a girdle.  No thanks.  I guess they are supoosed to be girdle like and that is why my daughter wouldn't wear them?  I don't know, not trying again.  Too expensive.  So admitttedly having not watched, I am shocked at all the hate directed at Oprah!  The reason people care about what she uses or recommends is because she is super wealthy, and hd access to everything, and if she is using it, it's probably high quality.  I am interested in Oprah's recommedations, but they are not gospel.  I think she also likes Philosophy purity which I hate (too harsh - like detergent) and when hope is not enough, which I find not to be enough, so, as we all know, just because it works for one, it doesn't work for all.  I don't do any magazine cover shoots, so what people wear in cover shoots is irrelevant.  But I still love Oprah!

Esteemed Contributor

I have to say first of all I'm not an Oprah fan haven't been since she endorsed a certain someone ,  stopped watching her show then and there.   😉.  And secondly she doesnt even have the clout she once did and her "favorite things" certainly doesn't mean I need to have or want them!    I do get tired of Shawn especially dropping O's name all the time.   Did the host's  ever consider that there are some  of us that don't like O?!  And it may  do the opposite 😏not very smart...

Respected Contributor

Yup -- finally someone said it. Many disagree with Oprah's political views and therefore don't like her.

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

Yup -- finally someone said it. Many disagree with Oprah's political views and therefore don't like her.

@jonbon. I think that’s one reason. I don’t work that way as half my family and friends have a different p. view than I do. Doesn’t make me not like them. 

Trusted Contributor

Who in the heck cares what Oprah wears anyway!  Not everyone can afford a pair of $75-$100 jeans.  Big deal.  

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

I did not watch any of the NYDJ presentations, and clicked on this post because I wondered about people criticizing Leah, I don't ever recall seeing a post critical of her.  I don't care for NYDJ.  I bought some from QVC and absoultely hated them.  They say to size down, but I don't even know what that means in QVC, a lot of the times in pants I size down 2 sizes to get a good fit.  I think I eneded up buying my true size and I absolutely hated them.  They were pull ons, I have big hips, and it was like getting on a girdle.  No thanks.  I guess they are supoosed to be girdle like and that is why my daughter wouldn't wear them?  I don't know, not trying again.  Too expensive.  So admitttedly having not watched, I am shocked at all the hate directed at Oprah!  The reason people care about what she uses or recommends is because she is super wealthy, and hd access to everything, and if she is using it, it's probably high quality.  I am interested in Oprah's recommedations, but they are not gospel.  I think she also likes Philosophy purity which I hate (too harsh - like detergent) and when hope is not enough, which I find not to be enough, so, as we all know, just because it works for one, it doesn't work for all.  I don't do any magazine cover shoots, so what people wear in cover shoots is irrelevant.  But I still love Oprah!

I watched and enjoyed Oprah everyday when she was syndicated. I've just never thought of her as a fashion icon.  Also, I think it's hypocritical the way she is photoshopped on every cover of O magazine.

As for Leah, I'm sure she's a lovely person but I've never been able to watch her on AM Style.  When she gets excited, her voice becomes shrill.  She constantly nods her head saying, "yeah." It is obvious she is loves Oprah so (to my ears) I cannot listen to her.

When I was a QVC watcher, I liked watching Leah when she was alone.  She was professional, giving all pertinent information.  When she is with female vendors and models, I find her overwhelming.

Because a celebrity owns an item would never influence my purchase. Unless an O magazine subscription was included with the TSV, I saw no reason to constantly show it.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe its like cable news? They want to make sure everyone hears it.Smiley Very Happy If it bothers you so much you can always use the handy dandy mute button.

Respected Contributor

Have never been an Oprah fan never will be.