Honored Contributor

Re: Leah and other hosts, and QVC, enough already that Oprah is on the cover wearing NYDJ Jeans

Shawn said last nite she was wearing a 0 in these jeans.  She said her normal QVC size is a 2.  I thought she was more like a 6 or 8.  I never would have thought a size 2.

Honored Contributor

Re: Leah and other hosts, and QVC, enough already that Oprah is on the cover wearing NYDJ Jeans

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Shawn said last nite she was wearing a 0 in these jeans.  She said her normal QVC size is a 2.  I thought she was more like a 6 or 8.  I never would have thought a size 2.

@San Antonio Gal  Jennifer also says she a size 2 in jeans.  But both Shawn and Jennifer wear their jeans so tight that they look like painted on leggings, always.  As long as they can get them on, they will wear that size.  I never, in any walk of life, wear my jeans that tightly, so hearing their "size 2" and seeing how they fit in them makes me know to adjust accordingly.

Plus, with all the spandex and stretch in all jeans presented in all brands on the Q, I am not at all surprised the hosts squeeze into those sizes.  

Jane Treacy said she wore an XS in Susan Graver's jogger pants today.  Kim Gravel says she now wears a 12 jeans, and a Medium in her tops.  OK.

Viewers just need to know how they want their own clothes to fit and buy the size that looks best on them personally, not compare ourselves to what the hosts are wearing.  I think some of the hosts just feel so much competition to be as small as possible; to be in that "size 2 group." 

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@San Antonio Gal  Jennifer also says she a size 2 in jeans.  But both Shawn and Jennifer wear their jeans so tight that they look like painted on leggings, always.  As long as they can get them on, they will wear that size.  I never, in any walk of life, wear my jeans that tightly, so hearing their "size 2" and seeing how they fit in them makes me know to adjust accordingly.

Plus, with all the spandex and stretch in all jeans presented in all brands on the Q, I am not at all surprised the hosts squeeze into those sizes.  

Jane Treacy said she wore an XS in Susan Graver's jogger pants today.  Kim Gravel says she now wears a 12 jeans, and a Medium in her tops.  OK.

Viewers just need to know how they want their own clothes to fit and buy the size that looks best on them personally, not compare ourselves to what the hosts are wearing.  I think some of the hosts just feel so much competition to be as small as possible; to be in that "size 2 group." 

That's not quite what she said. She said she was wearing an XS today -- a size smaller than normal in Susan's pants -- because it's all that was in the host lounge. But she said she would purchase a small. I think she usually says she's in a QVC 8 on the bottom in numerical sizes.

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

That's not quite what she said. She said she was wearing an XS today -- a size smaller than normal in Susan's pants -- because it's all that was in the host lounge. But she said she would purchase a small. I think she usually says she's in a QVC 8 on the bottom in numerical sizes.

@jonbon  My statement is exactly what Jane said.  Then she went on to say that was the size available to her in the host lounge.  It's the same point I'm making -- not to get caught up in the size the host is wearing because a lot of the materials now have lots of stretch in them.  I was not disparaging Jane at all.

Respected Contributor

I'm not one to follow Oprah blindly. I didn't, for example, read most books she supposedly recommended.

Trusted Contributor

Whenever I see Oprah's name on or associated with ANYTHING, I do not buy it, patronize it, or read it. So, no NYDJ for me.

Regular Contributor

I’ll offer one last (maybe) gripe about celebrities being used to sell merchandise.

There are plenty of other entrepreneurs who would like to get a chance at success on a 

widely-watched TV network. Every time a celebrity is offered a space of TV someome else is left out. I am so turned off by this tactic. Am I that dumb that I need someone with name recognition to influence my purchase? Can’t some others get a chance at success too?

Honored Contributor

@Msmajell wrote:

I’ll offer one last (maybe) gripe about celebrities being used to sell merchandise.

There are plenty of other entrepreneurs who would like to get a chance at success on a 

widely-watched TV network. Every time a celebrity is offered a space of TV someome else is left out. I am so turned off by this tactic. Am I that dumb that I need someone with name recognition to influence my purchase? Can’t some others get a chance at success too?

In a perfect world, yes, it would be great to give everyone a shot at success @Msmajell .  However, name recognition brings attention to a product as opposed to using someone's name that no one recognizes.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Msmajell wrote:

In a perfect world, yes, it would be great to give everyone a shot at success @Msmajell .  However, name recognition brings attention to a product as opposed to using someone's name that no one recognizes.

@San Antonio Gal, go figure. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@jonbon  My statement is exactly what Jane said.  Then she went on to say that was the size available to her in the host lounge.  It's the same point I'm making -- not to get caught up in the size the host is wearing because a lot of the materials now have lots of stretch in them.  I was not disparaging Jane at all.

I absolutely agree with your point but did not take what you originally wrote in the way that you intended (mea culpa). You didn't mention the part about what she went on to say, and I took it to mean that you were implying that she was claiming/bragging that she wears an XS in Susan's pants (especially with the "OK" at the end). Thank you for the clarification!

I will add that I'm not one who thinks the hosts lie about what size they are wearing. Whether or not I think it fits properly is a whole 'nother thing. Smiley Happy