Honored Contributor

Re: Leah and other hosts, and QVC, enough already that Oprah is on the cover wearing NYDJ Jeans

I saw about 5 minutes of the presentation today. Kerstin was hosting. She was talking about sizing, which is a good thing. The model was wearing a size 0. Kerstin replied she was in a 00. I decided these were probably not for me, and left to do some errands! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: Leah and other hosts, and QVC, enough already that Oprah is on the cover wearing NYDJ Jeans

Well, it's 10:45 pm CST and Shawn is on talking about Oprah and the jeans she is wearing.  Do they really think everyone is going to run out and buy the jeans because Oprah wears them?  Not me.  If I wanted to purchase them I would but not because of Oprah.  How silly having all the hosts brag about Oprah.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Oprah was promoting NYDJs long before the brand was brought to QVC.

Which is why there is no need to attach her to the TSV.

Between NYDJ and Barefoot Dreams, I thought Oprah gave up Weight Watchers and bought QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

Our local Dillard's sells NYDJ jeans.  I wanted to see what all the hype was about so a year or so ago I decided to try on a few pairs of NYDJ jeans.  As recommended, I tried on one one size smaller than I normally wear -- and all styles were so small (and non-stretchy) on me that I couldn't even pull them up over my knees.  So I tried on my normal size 4, and all styles fit perfectly.  And looked great.  But for me, one size smaller definitely did not work.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

There was a time when Oprah was everywhere & you practically had to read what she she told you to read.  But she's passe now.  Her OWN is just another realtiy network.

Super Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Bet oprah is an xxs, too.

HA HA HA you made me snort coffee up my nose. Good one.

Valued Contributor

I purchased one pair on Q months ago during a one day only, I liked them so much I purchased what ended up being the TSV, on Zulily for $25. I will say I actually like Skinnygirl jeans better. They are lighter weight and great for summer with stretch without being stretch pants a la DG2.

Respected Contributor

ANYTHING OPRAH is a HARD PASS for ME.

She is not someone I have ever emulated.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

There was a time when Oprah was everywhere & you practically had to read what she she told you to read.  But she's passe now.  Her OWN is just another realtiy network.

@songbird.  Whenever I watch OWN it is like 20/20 or Dateline. True crime shows.

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I saw about 5 minutes of the presentation today. Kerstin was hosting. She was talking about sizing, which is a good thing. The model was wearing a size 0. Kerstin replied she was in a 00. I decided these were probably not for me, and left to do some errands! Smiley Wink

I'm 4'10", 132 lbs. and wear size 12 --- and I'm not considered heavy!!!! I agree - when the model or host says they wear size 0 or size 2 --- I can't relate.