Honored Contributor

Re: Leah and other hosts, and QVC, enough already that Oprah is on the cover wearing NYDJ Jeans

As soon as I hear "Oprah" or any other celebrity wears/uses the item, I change the channel.  I don't buy because of celebrities and tired of QVC using their names to push sales.  I am certainly not living a similar lifestyle to them so don't care what they use or wear.

Honored Contributor

Re: Leah and other hosts, and QVC, enough already that Oprah is on the cover wearing NYDJ Jeans

Personally, if I felt that I had to sit  in front of a TV with QVC on all day, for whatever reason, I would wear a  eye mask and headphones with the sound low enough that I could hear something in the room if I needed to.

That would be the only way I could remain relatively sane.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Oprah makes a $$$$$$billion a year. How do I do that?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay wrote:

I wouldn't blame the hosts.

I'm sure it is the same mgmnt/producers that tell the hosts to act like they are in their own academy award show and yell and talk as loud as they can!

Still, I don't care if Oprah wears them but why in the world would I spend 80 plus dollars for jeans when I have the best jeans I've ever worn from Gloria Vanderbilt and Riders-both less than $20.

But as we all say, its your money, spend it like you want.

Several years ago, I purchased around 20 pairs of Croft & Barrow jeans from Kohls.com ----- straight-leg, boot cut, cropped, etc. Averaged around $15/pair - all were on sale plus I used the Kohls Kash. I'm still wearing all of them - and they fit me perfectly. 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful ShopperThanks for the major lol after a really tough week

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

So well said "Alarmclock"  Thank you for having commonsense.

Trusted Contributor

And dare I say that Leah's personna is changing.    Now back to Oprah.... I don't care what she wears or what books she reads.    I will now slip quietly away..   

Trusted Contributor

What the Oprah wears or endorses has zero relevance in my life.  Certainly would not entice me to buy anything,  I buy what I like and I don't care what anyone's opinion might be.

Honored Contributor

@alarmclock  Well said.

Esteemed Contributor

Oprah was promoting NYDJs long before the brand was brought to QVC.