Contributor

Re: Leah and other hosts, and QVC, enough already that Oprah is on the cover wearing NYDJ Jeans

I agree, but I do not blame the hosts. QVC is outpricing itself from the average household.  Side Stitch with a $108 blouse, $300 Frye sandals, Graver and Gravel with higher prices;  even Denim and Co has joined in !  I'm a VERY BIG QVC shopper, but that is going to stop!!  I'm buying now from lunchtime and prime time specials and if that gets old....goodbye!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Leah and other hosts, and QVC, enough already that Oprah is on the cover wearing NYDJ Jeans

O is not my style icon.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Respectfully saying that everyone who is posting today are posting, so 

no difference between those who are watching, commenting or doing something else.

It's a discussion. We don't have to pretend any of us are so above talking about this or anything.

I think all of us have some kind of life beyond the forums.

I think people's observations about many things are interesting.

If people don't think so, then why are they reading or posting?

For me, it is a nice break from many daily life things.

I also like to spend a lot of time outside; with children and grandchildren; my cat; reading; my other, friends etc etc.

Oh well.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

I hope those jeans are worth that kind of money!  I've never bought them--lways thought they were overpriced.

As for Oprah, the lady has made it big on her own--she can afford to wear anything she likes.  I, on the other hand, am of more modest means and jeans that cost $100 a pair are not on my radar.

Esteemed Contributor

I am tired of hearing about Oprah!!!!!  Certain hosts must think that viewers will buy anything because Oprah likes it.  Wrong!!!!!  Oprah has more money than she will ever spend.  Her likes and purchases will always be expensive.  I buy what I like and what I can afford!!!!!  When hosts mention Oprah it has a negative effect on me.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, the hosts will use every tactic in the book to attempt to increase sales. Some of these methods are questionable, IMO. But management is telling them to do this, so l don’t blame the hosts.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why on earth would you not buya product because .Oprah endorses it. If it’s a good product and you want it, buy it. Some folks here get their knickers in a twist over the strangest things.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

If anything OPRAH is a turn off for me....I certainly do not purchase ANYTHING because of her name.

Valued Contributor

That would be a 'not to buy' selling point for me.  NOT IMPRESSED!

Trusted Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

It's kind of like reading the constant complaints from the same posters.  Instead of removing themselves from the situation, they just keep engaging in the thing they don't like and makes them angry, bitter, and just plain grumpy.

Nope.  Not true.

When you tune in to see the TSV, you expect to see and hear about the product.

Within ten to fifteen minutes, hearing Oprah mentioned several times means they are not presenting the product. 

They are romancing the product.

For you to assume anyone is grumpy, angry, etc. is an insult.

If you tuned in to see and hear about a product you were interested in and then ended up being bombarded with that magazine cover, you would not be happy.  These posters are 100% correct.

No one is forcing anyone to watch or to change the channel and you are missing the point here.