Honored Contributor

Re: Leah and other hosts, and QVC, enough already that Oprah is on the cover wearing NYDJ Jeans

[ Edited ]

@SoX wrote:

(sighs) ... You know, I thought once she "retired" from her talk show we'd be rid of her, but, alas, that's not the case.   Now she's hawking $7.00 meals ... posing on her very large yacht.   And, as much as I try, I can't steer clear of seeing her all over the place.

Glad I didn't tune in to the show talking about her ...  

Now THIS I can certainly agree with.  There’s a certain TV famous name that hawked everything gaudy and over the top.  Private jets laced in gold, super yachts — I get it.  Now, all over every station I turn to, no matter how hard I try to look away.  I simply dread the sight, but I manage and just try to live my life.  

Super Contributor

Re: Leah and other hosts, and QVC, enough already that Oprah is on the cover wearing NYDJ Jeans

[ Edited ]

Knowing Oprah wears them is what will keep me from buying a pair.  Plus that stupid sizing thing being talked about over and over and over! Sheesh!

Esteemed Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

Leah, Kerstin, other hosts and QVC, enough already stating that Oprah is on the August cover of O magazine wearing these jeans!!!! It is ridiculous, so far today both hosts have said Oprah at least 20 times, it is liking hearing Jane Tracy and the stupid FRIYAY a hundred thousand times. 

You must think that because a celebrity wears jeans that is reason enough to purchase. You must think your customers are stupid.  It is not the case.  As a matter of fact, broadcasting as a selling point that Oprah is on the cover wearing the jeans is a reason why I would not purchase as well as others.  I feel it is an insult.  I was surprised how many times Leah mentioned Oprah, my respect for her diminished this morning

I agree with you. I think it is an insult to think by telling us Oprah, or any other celebrity wears or uses a certain product automatically makes it a must have. 

Honored Contributor

I've always found "Oprah" to be quite a trigger for so many here.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

It's kind of like reading the constant complaints from the same posters.  Instead of removing themselves from the situation, they just keep engaging in the thing they don't like and makes them angry, bitter, and just plain grumpy.

It's called a forum and an opinion! You took time to answer the post, so whats the difference?

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Bet oprah is an xxs, too.

Woman LOL

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

I saw about 10 minutes of Leah this morning and I couldn't be believe all the eye rolling and contortions and lovey dovey talk....over Ophrah...of all things.  Ophra on a magazine cover.  If Leah was ridiculously over the top over Oprah in jeans, I can only imagine how the other hosts behaved.  Granted, I never got the Oprah but I doubt that the O woman will boost sales one little bit.  

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I've always found "Oprah" to be quite a trigger for so many here.

ITA

She is an ‘Internet Chosen One’, like many out there...for absolutely 

no Earthy reason why....here & everywhere on the interweb.

I’m sure somewhere out in University World, there’s a

psychology class discussing this exact topic:

’Why People Like to Dislike Internet Strangers”. 

To me..it’s a fascinating study.

🤔

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Oprah personally,  but a few minutes of Oprah wearing the special value of the day on a magazine cover was too much for me.  And a 30” inseam in petite sizes is a bit long and even looked too long on a petite model.  To me, at least.

Interesting how some posters feel entitled to give advice of what a caregiver should do to entertain a very elderly person.

Take her outside?  Maybe it’s hot and humid?  Maybe this elderly person just loves watching TV?  Let it be.  Hats off to everyone giving loving care to a very elderly parent.

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Hats off to everyone giving loving care to a very elderly parent.

Amen to that!!