Valued Contributor

Leah and other hosts, and QVC, enough already that Oprah is on the cover wearing NYDJ Jeans

Leah, Kerstin, other hosts and QVC, enough already stating that Oprah is on the August cover of O magazine wearing these jeans!!!! It is ridiculous, so far today both hosts have said Oprah at least 20 times, it is liking hearing Jane Tracy and the stupid FRIYAY a hundred thousand times. 

You must think that because a celebrity wears jeans that is reason enough to purchase. You must think your customers are stupid.  It is not the case.  As a matter of fact, broadcasting as a selling point that Oprah is on the cover wearing the jeans is a reason why I would not purchase as well as others.  I feel it is an insult.  I was surprised how many times Leah mentioned Oprah, my respect for her diminished this morning

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Leah and other hosts, and QVC, enough already that Oprah is on the cover wearing NYDJ Jeans

@tropics21 wrote:

Leah, Kerstin, other hosts and QVC, enough already stating that Oprah is on the August cover of O magazine wearing these jeans!!!! It is ridiculous, so far today both hosts have said Oprah at least 20 times, it is liking hearing Jane Tracy and the stupid FRIYAY a hundred thousand times. 

You must think that because a celebrity wears jeans that is reason enough to purchase. You must think your customers are stupid.  It is not the case.  As a matter of fact, broadcasting as a selling point that Oprah is on the cover wearing the jeans is a reason why I would not purchase as well as others.  I feel it is an insult.  I was surprised how many times Leah mentioned Oprah, my respect for her diminished this morning

Definitly agree...it was overkill.

Respected Contributor

Re: Leah and other hosts, and QVC, enough already that Oprah is on the cover wearing NYDJ Jeans

Maybe they are being told to mention it

When I was in sales they told us to mention things over and over.

Super Contributor

Totally agree! I had it this morning in my car on the way to work and Kerstin was almost down right screaming OPRAH! The fawning over another human being is absurd!

Wonder if O is getting a cut of the sales of these jeans today???

~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~

Honored Contributor

Because there are people that will purchase because Queen Oprah likes it.  Be glad you're stronger than them.  It's just like those Jamie Foxx glasses constantly being promoted.  I mean if you think about it, their promoting this  brand because Jamie wanted a quality pair of sunglasses that "we" can afford.  Ha ha ha.  Because he has such a hard time purchasing good sunglasses on his income.  This tactic of promoting a product with a celebrity name has been going on in every category.  How many cooks who had TV shows are promoting a line of cookware with their name.  And can I say Martha Stewart. 

But you can't blame the hosts because that's their job.  You can only blame you for putting yourself in the position of watching it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Iluvhandbags wrote:

Totally agree! I had it this morning in my car on the way to work and Kerstin was almost down right screaming OPRAH! The fawning over another human being is absurd!

Wonder if O is getting a cut of the sales of these jeans today???

Uh that's their business, thats done on every product.

Honored Contributor

No...they don’t think their ‘customers are stupid...’,

but watching television & in particular 1 channel, long enough

to hear one word being said ‘at least 20 times’ might be a concern. 

Get out, enjoy the sunshine, breath some fresh air. 

Play among the 3 dimensional people!

And yes, if wondering,  I’m writing this while sitting outside. 

Respected Contributor

Oprah is not a selling point for me. She makes that stupid “list” every year and clearly they are just paid advertisements. They attach her name to a number of things like Korres, Foot Nanny, Carols Daughter. Who cares, Oprah is richer than god and probably does use nor care about any of these things. I agree OP I heard her name dropped a lot today.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't blame the hosts.

I'm sure it is the same mgmnt/producers that tell the hosts to act like they are in their own academy award show and yell and talk as loud as they can!

Still, I don't care if Oprah wears them but why in the world would I spend 80 plus dollars for jeans when I have the best jeans I've ever worn from Gloria Vanderbilt and Riders-both less than $20.

But as we all say, its your money, spend it like you want.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

It's kind of like reading the constant complaints from the same posters.  Instead of removing themselves from the situation, they just keep engaging in the thing they don't like and makes them angry, bitter, and just plain grumpy.