Trusted Contributor

Re: 🎄Leah Loves Christmas Fashion Chat, 7:00, 7-10🎄

@SoX LOVE the jacket.  Have to say you're pretty brave, I"m sweating just thinking about putting on a jacket !

Trusted Contributor

@twinny70 OUCH!  Good luck.  I can have just about anything hurt on my body but when it hits my mouth it's all over.  I can't stand it. Hope you're feeling on the mend and the smile returns quickly!

Respected Contributor

@SoX  pretty red barn jacket!

@lolakimono  Our school district sent some school buses with WiFi to neighborhoods where students didn't have a connection this spring. The district has been working yet on any other solution for WiFi. I've been watching the school board meetings here as they're live streamed. The district's proposed reopening was for blended learning and distance learning. Neither parents nor the school board were happy with it. Some parents wanted in-school full time, and other parents wanted better distance learning than the non-required "learning activities" that started in March. Most parents & employees wanted safety first.

One person said there should be a "soft opening" for the first 4 weeks in which students would be taught and be held accountable on how they must use distance learning & in which the district and board could see how the pandemic unfolds and seek further learning solutions. I liked the idea. I was concerned about IB & AP students when the district thought each course should be a year condensed into a semester; parents & the board didn't like the condensed semester either. My child had the IB diploma. I couldn't help but wonder when the last time some of the district central office people had been in a classroom.

On the fashion front, I received my socks from Nordstrom's within a couple days of my order. The Q shipped another waitlist item on 6/11; today is 7/11 and it's still en route. I haven't made any Q fashion orders for several weeks due to their use of Mail Innovations.

It's going to be 112-114 degrees today, tomorrow, & Monday during our Excessive Heat Warning. I'm not doing anything physical during this time. I'll be working on my novel, which is requiring more research than I thought and the plot is taking me in unplanned directions (as usual Lol.) My former boss sent me a t-shirt that says "watchout or you'll end up in my novel." So funny.

Take good care, Fashionistas.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1   Rocking it out with KDKA, YINZ have sure turned into 'burghers if you will. I say this with love my friend!!!!

Sing it with me "KDKA in Pittsburgh" !!

Honored Contributor

@SoX   Love the scarlet jacket, would look good on me at a Buckeyes football game this fall but, oh wait, IF there is any football this fall, it will not be a spectator sport.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   "Yinz"  a slang Pittsburgh area, tri-state area term  term meaning you'ens, you all, all of you.  

Tri-state area of PA, OH, and WV along the three rivers area.

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@twinny70   "Yinz"  a slang Pittsburgh area, tri-state area term  term meaning you'ens, you all, all of you.  

Tri-state area of PA, OH, and WV along the three rivers area.

Thanks for the explanation.  We have been to all three of those states.  The only state that we haven't been to is Louisiana.  We had hoped to go there in April, to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary and see all 50 states.  Maybe we can do it in 2021.

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@SoX   Love the scarlet jacket, would look good on me at a Buckeyes football game this fall but, oh wait, IF there is any football this fall, it will not be a spectator sport.

@PINKdogWOOD 

I think I've already attended my last sports event in person ... it's sad, really ... but it was so much fun while it lasted.