Honored Contributor

Re: 🎄Leah Loves Christmas Fashion Chat, 7:00, 7-10🎄

Apparently everyone is having trouble getting their orders?

I had orders from Kohl's and Loft (have been doing a lot of shopping at these spots because the BM stores are close by) the stuff I have ordered from these online have taken FOREVER to arrive. GAP too.

In PA news, I am now officially a "Yinzer!" Obtained my driver's license; car is now registered; both of these acts took extra time because documents had to be requested from TX. 

'Next, both of us will need "real ID" driver's licenses...for that we will need a copy of our MARRIAGE LICENSE. 

Remember, we had to send away for this stuff during COVID crises. Geesh!

4D514A9B-04D5-4073-8DD7-F2CE2D3272DC.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono . Can I purchase Vin. Vins on line?LOVE COLOURS! Prov

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lolakimono
I really love the look of these leggings.

PS Any updates on fall school?

@lolakimono 

Honored Contributor

@sligo 

The only thing I'm looking at now on sale is this puffer-

Women's Katahdin Primaloft Puffer Jacket

It's 40% off.  When things are "normal" I have 3 LLB fleece jackets that I rotate for the a.m. gym time.  I get up at 3:40 on school days and go then, so it's cold and dark.  I like to have separate outerwear that I only wear there (or outside walking).

My favorite item ever is their layering tanks.  I probably have 20 of them.  They stopped carrying them, and now they're back this year.

Women's Bean's Layering Tank

Women's Bean's Layering Tank

95% cotton/5% Spandex

Honored Contributor

@sligo 

The Vineyard Vines item is a jacket-

Shop Palm Beach Denim Jacket at vineyard vines

The camo leggings are from LLB, but I don't have them yet because they're on back order.  They're for exercise, so probably more "uplifting" than regular leggings.  They are probably like sausage casings- do the workout and take them off, not all day lounging.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

@LTT1   I don't wear leggings often.  I have three pair in solid colors - navy, dark brown and black.

I knock around the house in these

Liking the looks of these too.

I have outdone myself shopping Loft stuff. I think I have finally found "my store."

Everything fits my weird body... these pants by 

Lou & Grey are twill and I could even go down a size! Well made, but 100% cotton! Light and airy. Now 40% off. I got this gray and considering the green. 

466FD8BB-9A66-4CAE-A69A-1BDC823E58B0.jpeg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Good morning all, hope you are all still well. We are here in OH-IO.

Leah does not like christmas anymore than I do.

Hope your weekend and loved ones enjoy the 'cool weather' some of us at least get to have if only for a couple of days.

I'm out. good chat - better chat next Saturday! Love to ALL!

Honored Contributor

She looks like a couple of nuns I had in way back younger years - they both hated me. Don't know why.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 

Nothing yet RE school.

Supposedly they are taking into account the results of the parent survey and the employee survey.

There are so many problems, and they are not going to make anyone 100% happy, but safety should be their #1 priority.

I doubt we will hear in July, but I think the state superintendent has until August 14 to decide.  We have to follow the recommendations of the state.  

Asynchronous learning was a stop-gap measure.  The party line was "compassion and grace" so really the kids could turn in anything at any time without penalty.  There were some kids who never checked in, and they are giving them another chance to pass (free) this summer, where they have to complete TWO tasks to earn the credit back for an entire marking period.

Synchronous learning is going to be an issue because the school only gave out ONE device per family to those who filled out a survey, so how can you require that students report to class at a specific time when there are multiple kids in a family?

Now the parents have had plenty of notice to "prepare" but there is a huge equity piece.  Some kids don't have internet (regular or high speed) because it's not available in their rural area or they can't afford it.  The solution is to go to the closest school and use the wifi from the parking lot. That requires that you have someone who is able to drive (and that you have a vehicle) to go to school and send your documents.  This is not practical.

I would be okay if they required the teachers (only) to report to school and give lessons from school, using THEIR equipment, THEIR wifi, and giving each teacher a webcam for our desktops, some sort of amplification system, and then we would have our Smartboards.  Then when I stream videos from THEIR network, I wouldn't affect BF's work/conference calls by using extra bandwidth having 35 people on a Google Meet.  We could teach without a mask so students could hear us and see our facial expressions, and we would have access to printers/copiers, for the work that we want to print out.  Kids who didn't have reliable access could have packets, if we were in schools to put together the work. The same parents who come to school to pick up meals could get the packets then.

Then the people who think that teachers don't do anything would have their "accountability", we would be lower risk by not having kids in the building, and we could actually plan with our team of teachers.   

Esteemed Contributor

LTT1, Congrats!  But what is a Yinzer?  We wear a mask whenever we are shopping.  It's usually just a trip to the grocery stores on Thursday.  I wish that our state had a mandatory mask wearing policy.  

l am still l ox ox.  No Christmas shopping for me either.  It's too hot to even think about it right now.

Lola, have fun while BF is with his family.  I like the sweat shirt colors.

Bird Mama, beautiful bracelet.  We got a thunderstorm on Thursday night and it's a bit cooler.  I am ready for  ❄❄❄ too.

providence, I hope that you have a decent day for moving the furn to the den.  A few years ago, we were on vacation and stayed with a couple in AL.  It was our only time going to AL & MS, but it was a fun trip.  Enjoy your mocha and bagel.

Jtdmum, I am sorry that the yard stick is still wearing your skin.  What a awful K memory.  We went to public schools, but I can still remember when we were in 2nd grade and our mean teacher took 3 boys out of class and into the little art supply room and paddled their BUTTS one by one. We were horrified when we heard what was going on & never did know what they had done. Have fun  up North.

It's time for a cup of caramel cappuccino coffee and a bowl of my homemade granola cereal. More later.