Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Layers layers ruffles and more ruffles

I like the look however I do not like layering 2 or 3 pieces.  I like it when it is all 1 piece with the lace or ruffles sewn on as a trimSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willdob3 wrote:

@KACEE1115 wrote:

seems like these styles are quite popular,  to me they just don't match and I don't get the style, love the more classic and sleek.

@KACEE1115 

Are you seeing these in real life or just seeing them in stores or on shopping channels? I can’t think of a single instance where I actually saw someone wearing that look. I rarely even see someone wearing a subtle ruffle. 

I don’t care what anyone else likes and wears as long as I can wear what I like. While I don’t always understand why people dress the way they do, I’m very happy that we don’t all like and wear the same things! Goodness, how boring would that be?! 

@willdob3 

So much of that depends on where we live and how many people we see everyday.  I'm in NYC.  Retired and have a fairly active lifestyle.  I'm usually out "somewhtere" six days out of seven.

It's winter and even though I see hundreds of people every time I leave my apartment - I don't know what they are wearing under their coats..

But there are several days a week that I see people indoors (clubs, church, meetings, restaurants) .... and women are wearing those styles.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not like ruffles on bottom hems. They look a bit juvenile to me, and IMO they widen the look of hips. 

I am ok with subtle tonal ruffles around the neckline, but ruffles aren’t really a style element I look for or love. 

I like layering a top under a cardigan, hoodie, or blazer. I prefer classic shapes and styles. Two layers is plenty for me. 

I have not seen women in my area wearing tops with ruffles at the hem. I see lots of long flowy tunics and shark bite hems with leggings. I also see very thin light weight fly away cardigans with no closures over tank tops and leggings. I don’t wear these kinds of looks. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a fan of that style and I sure don't need ruffles layered around my hips and I don't care for miss matched prints, much to busy for me.  I'm in the Dallas area and have never seen anyone wearing that style.  This is my opinion only as I prefer more classic tailored clothing for myself, not a critique of others choices,  We all dress in the styles that suit ourselves as it should be.  Enjoy what you wear and the heck with what anyone else says.  

Honored Contributor

Where's LOLAkimono for some photos?!!!!

I don't recall which era it was, but I used to often wear a few white (ruffled at neckline and partially down the front, and sometimes also at the sleeves) blouses.  Somewhat slightly silky fabric, probably poly.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@KACEE1115 wrote:

seems like these styles are quite popular,  to me they just don't match and I don't get the style, love the more classic and sleek.

@KACEE1115 

Are you seeing these in real life or just seeing them in stores or on shopping channels? I can’t think of a single instance where I actually saw someone wearing that look. I rarely even see someone wearing a subtle ruffle. 

I don’t care what anyone else likes and wears as long as I can wear what I like. While I don’t always understand why people dress the way they do, I’m very happy that we don’t all like and wear the same things! Goodness, how boring would that be?! 

@willdob3   I've seen people wearing LOGO in the big city where I live.  I can always spot it and if the person is near enough to me, I chat with her about buying LOGO from QVC.  She always seems pleased that I recognized it.

Valued Contributor

@KACEE1115  I agree. Have you seen all of the polka dots!

Honored Contributor

I think Logo has some offerings that are attractive on many body types and ages, but not many. I certainly don't have a clue why this line has survived all this time other than women truly believe Lori 's sales pitch. We women like what we like and wear what we think looks good on us and really don't care what others think. I keep ruffles at a minimum.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I think Logo has some offerings that are attractive on many body types and ages, but not many. I certainly don't have a clue why this line has survived all this time other than women truly believe Lori 's sales pitch. We women like what we like and wear what we think looks good on us and really don't care what others think. I keep ruffles at a minimum.

@blackhole99   These thoughts seem contradictory to me.  I wear what I wear and like what I like and don't care what others think....Because I wear what I wear and like what I like, Lori's sales pitch doesn't affect me at all, and I do own a lot of LOGO.   There is LOGO that I don't like too.   Her sales pitch means nothing to me, in fact it annoys me and I often watch the shows on mute.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@blackhole99   These thoughts seem contradictory to me.  I wear what I wear and like what I like and don't care what others think....Because I wear what I wear and like what I like, Lori's sales pitch doesn't affect me at all, and I do own a lot of LOGO.   There is LOGO that I don't like too.   Her sales pitch means nothing to me, in fact it annoys me and I often watch the shows on mute.

@Pearlee  good for you. I am just trying to make sense of why this line is still popular and not insult anyone.