Valued Contributor

Layers layers ruffles and more ruffles

seems like these styles are quite popular,  to me they just don't match and I don't get the style, love the more classic and sleek.

Honored Contributor

Re: Layers layers ruffles and more ruffles

I am not a fan of ruffles or to many mixed prints either. I am surprised the logo line is so popular, but we all have our own style, I'll just stick to a more classic look.

Honored Contributor

From my point of view, there is enough variety in Logo colors and prints and garment shapes that o can add pieces that work with my own personal style.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wear solid tailored clothes, but like French women, look for one outstanding detail like unusual buttons on a shirt, a black trim on white blouse, a scalloped edge on an other size plain  sweater , etc. I also like a colorful or unexpected lining in jackets since I wear my sleeves rolled back. Ruffles just not me.

Honored Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

seems like these styles are quite popular,  to me they just don't match and I don't get the style, love the more classic and sleek.

@KACEE1115   Why did everyone hear ruffles and assume LOGO. Isaac does them, too.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@KACEE1115 wrote:

@KACEE1115   Why did everyone hear ruffles and assume LOGO. Isaac does them, too.

Isaac does peplum, haven't seen his ruffles, ugh

Cute on an 8 yr old girl.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@KACEE1115 wrote:

@Shanus 

You're right .... I don't buy IM .... but watch occasionally.  I'm a LOGO fan.

Honored Contributor

I don't wear lots of styles (and colors) that look just great on other women.  Just this AM there was a thread about a new black satin blouse from Louis.  I know it's going to look wonderful on some women, but it;s never coming to my closet.  I just can't -  nor do I apologize for rejecting what doesn't work for me.  My body, my money, my choice.   And, no, I didn't look sweet in rufflesd even when I was 8!

Honored Contributor

I don't mind a few ruffles or a little gathering, but not an entire garmet ruffled.

Honored Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

@KACEE1115 

Are you seeing these in real life or just seeing them in stores or on shopping channels? I can’t think of a single instance where I actually saw someone wearing that look. I rarely even see someone wearing a subtle ruffle. 

I don’t care what anyone else likes and wears as long as I can wear what I like. While I don’t always understand why people dress the way they do, I’m very happy that we don’t all like and wear the same things! Goodness, how boring would that be?!