Occasional Contributor

Laurie Felt jeans sizing, drooping

Hi All,

i am wondering if anyone is having the sizing issue I am having with Laurie Felt Jeans. I ordered the ombré skinny jeans, and while I loved them, they needed to constantly be tugged up, as they kept riding down my hips. By the end of the night, they were drooping a couple of inches below my crotch (sorry if that is a rude reference, but trying to best explain the situation). 

I love the feel, and I see there are different types of jeans she has, but I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue and were there different styles of hers that worked better. I am definitely curvy bottomed.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Regular Contributor

Re: Laurie Felt jeans sizing, drooping

Hi.  If you read the reviews, a lot of them mention that issue.  I love her jeans but I usually size down because they fit fine at the beginning of the day and start to loosen later.  Laurie has said in the past that her jeans stretch a lot of inches (maybe 4-5, I don't remember how much exactly) but they supposedly bounce right back.  Mine don't really bounce back so I size down.

Valued Contributor

Are they loopless pull-ons?  I can't wear any jeans with stretch unless they have belt loops so I can cinch them up and tighten my belt as the jeans start to "droop."  

Respected Contributor

She was on tv stretching her jeans east and west like a rubberband like it is a good thing. It’s not. Stretch jeans become stretched out. It’s in the title of their name

Respected Contributor

The ombre’ jeans that you speak of actually have a larger waist on them then her others. I noticed this right away when I looked at the garment measurements. This I believe is why so many reviews are saying this. I don’t have this problem with any other jeans from her.

Respected Contributor

I had the same problem, even after I exchanged them for a smaller size. I wound up returning them.

Honored Contributor

Jeans that slide down like bad pantyhose don't always do that because you need to size down.  Sometimes it's the nature of the material used. 

I have a pair of jeans from Old Navy that do this.  There is no way I could go down a size because I would look like 2 pounds of sausage in a 1 pound casing.  Plus the jeans don't really stretch our ot shape or grow, they just slide down non-stop.  I rarely wear them because I'm constantly yanking them up. 

Respected Contributor

I don't care how nice the fabric looks, if they don't keep their shape while wearing I don't want them.  No excuse for that kind of quality.  I have plenty of jeans and knit pants that don't do that.

Esteemed Contributor

This is of the reasons I hate jeans with stretch.  I tried 2 pair of her bootleg jeans.  I ordered my usual size.  I had to work them on like she describes in her presentations.  I wore these shopping and by the time I got home, I swear they grew at least 4 inches in length.  I had to keep pulling them up, but it didn't help.  It was too late to return.  I am so sorry I ordered 2 pair.  That was $100 down the drain.  They look nice when you first put them on.  When you take them off - a whole different story.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Contributor

I agree that the jeans loosen after wearing and washing too.  I liked them right out of the package, although a little tight, and thought they would be my going out jeans.  Now, they're my everyday comfortable jeans.  I wish they would hold their shape better and were still as flattering (i have 5 pairs and will not buy more) Should have worn them more and would have noticed sooner...disappointed.