Respected Contributor

Re: Laurie Felt asks Shawn if she likes peplum

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@Big Joanie And same for shoes....claims she has bad feet and loves Vionic, but then ALWAYS is wearing peep-toe boots. 

Trust me, if you have bad feet, you are not wearing high heels for hours on end 5 days a week. 

She is a sales person, so take what she says with a grain of salt, as others have posted. 

Yes I have noticed that also....she did say that she is almost crippled after wearing them after doing her shows!  I think she does cause she feels she looks much better in the booties high heels.  

As for the peplum comments I didn't see that one but IM makes many of this style and I "fell" for it on that last TSV t-shirt thing of his.  Truly a HORRIBLE shape/design and looked so badly on (XS size) went back same day!  Lesson learned NO PEPLUM EVER AGAIN from TV for me LOL!

I saw the night of this TSV that Shawn didn't have it on and I had ordered them cause of the colors...and I wish I had cancelled....it was so ugly/bad that even Shawn wouldn't wear it live on air with IM!  

Lesson learned.

Honored Contributor

Shawn likes what she's selling at that time, just like any good salesperson.  Isaac pretty much called her out about it to another host fairly recently.

I don't remember what Isaac was selling but Isaac said that Shawn always says she doesn't normally like (insert garment type) but I like this one, when she's selling something of his.  And he's right.  She doesn't like jeans, until she's selling GILI jeans, WWC jeans with fringed bottoms, Isaac's jeans.   

Honored Contributor

I just watched the video.  Laurie didn't ask Shawn if she liked peplums.  As they were presenting a Laurie Felt top, Laurie said the top wasn't a peplum and that " sometimes I have a hard time with peplums, do you?"  Shawn said no and then told Laurie to tell her what the problem was and she would let her know.  Laurie said they weren't always flattering on her and Shawn then said she could see what Laurie meant.  That if a peplum is poorly done, it can look maternityish. 

I don't really see how Shawn said anything wrong, or was saying anything demeaning about any other peplum items she sells.   

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

All hosts have to be very careful not to disparage any specific look from any specific designer ( ie Issac) and Shawn  succeeds with a bit of tap dancing. 

I agree with Laurie Felt, peplums are not figure flattering on me.

@IMW  Not flattering on me either...they hit too high or too low around hips. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

It's a pretty top.  Very nice lines.  I don't go for peplums but I like this.  Shawn, I thought, qualified her answer quite well.  That was a blunt question.

I thought it was a blunt question too but maybe wouldn't have if Shawn did not sell them saying how great they were for IM, Gili, and Halston.  It's IM's version that feel like a great big sign at the stomach area that says hey look here you can't tell if I'm fat or pregnant while the others are more subtle with their peplum.  Laurie Felt's top is beautiful and I love it and I get her though am not built exactly like her.  Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I just watched the video.  Laurie didn't ask Shawn if she liked peplums.  As they were presenting a Laurie Felt top, Laurie said the top wasn't a peplum and that " sometimes I have a hard time with peplums, do you?"  Shawn said no and then told Laurie to tell her what the problem was and she would let her know.  Laurie said they weren't always flattering on her and Shawn then said she could see what Laurie meant.  That if a peplum is poorly done, it can look maternityish. 

I don't really see how Shawn said anything wrong, or was saying anything demeaning about any other peplum items she sells.   

Bingo. This is why I always try to see for myself what was said/what happened. I've lost count of the number of times a poster reports that someone said something or something happened on a show, and when I watch the video, it was nothing like what was stated. Unfortunately, by the time it's posted here, it's pretty much too late -- people run with it and keep commenting on the erroneous information.

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Bingo. This is why I always try to see for myself what was said/what happened. I've lost count of the number of times a poster reports that someone said something or something happened on a show, and when I watch the video, it was nothing like what was stated. Unfortunately, by the time it's posted here, it's pretty much too late -- people run with it and keep commenting on the erroneous information.

@jonbon, yes. At least, though, I give the posters the benefit of the doubt that they interpreted it in a certain way. I don't, however, give those in the public limelight the same benefit. The saying and repeating of false information is way too detrimental to do so.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland