Respected Contributor

Re: Laurie Felt TSV skinny jeans

Just an explanation of mass manufactured garments.  And if this has been talked about on another thread ,sorry.

When they make these TSV's in 60,000+ pieces.  They cut the pieces of material like 50 or 100 at a time.  The first on the stack will not be a perfect match to the last on the stack.  It will be off a bit.  That is what is happening with sizing being off from one color to another and one pair to the next.  Mass manufactured clothing is like this.  That is why some people always shop in person to try clothes on.  And why shopping on QVC, HSN etc.  You get varing sizes of the same size.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

wrote:

I like them but they are too big in the waist. If I sized down they would be too tight in the hips and legs. I am considering taking the waist in. I have to think about it.

@DREAMON, as a pear shape, I have this problem all the time.  If you really like the jeans, I would suggest taking the waist in.  Where I live, it's not that much money. 

It's rare that I can find pants that I don't have to alter. 

LipstickDiva,

Yes ..I am going to do just that. I am tired of trying to find jeans that fit all over. The waist is always too big. 

I have a neighbor who sews and I will ask her this weekend. 

The amount of money I spend in returns for this reason is ridiculous. I could have had them all altered for less.

Occasional Contributor

I bought these in skinny and bootcut. I saw more than 1 sizing chart so got my usual size small. The small pairs I could not shimmy into at all In the skinny or bootcut.    They were all way too short. I was not familiar with Laurie Felt products at all. At 124lbs, these were all a miss for me. I thought they looked so cute on the models. The material was very nice and soft. I will never order several pairs of anything again if I can't get good non conflicting sizing charts.

I tried to force the shimmy and it brought back a terrible memory.  True story. I needed some spanx and a teenager brought me a size to the dressing room. I'm thinking it's okay she works here. Wasn't familiar with spanx much either.  I almost did not get back out of them. I was in panic mode. I didn't buy the spanx in any size.  

All in all looked so cute on the models, roped my right in as i really wanted the white and pretty light blue.