Honored Contributor

Re: Laurie Felt Silky Denim Skinny Ankle Jeans?

With a  skinny jean you are able to wear about any kind of shoe and it looks good

She needs to measure herself , and look at the sizing chart ,and check the garment size

If she gets a tunic top ,that will help disguise her muffin top

SHe can send it back for free right now ,if it isn't right for her. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Carolyn G. had them on this morning with a long top and I thought she looked great in them. 

Honored Contributor

I don't care what size she is, if the jeans fit her well, go for it. I'm a baby boomer,  we are literally, forever in blue jeans. I'm 67 and small and wear skinny jeans, but I wear a top thats long enough.

Occasional Contributor

Hi. My opinion ...is those skinny jeans wear like a paint of coat and will look good on thin girls. I suggest your friend try denim & co pull-on jeans that have a boot leg. The bootleg bottom will balance her thicker thighs. I am smaller on the bottom than top and look out-of-proportion, top-heavy when I wear fitted bottoms. I actually prefer wide leg pants. Try to create a silhouette that is equally porportioned.  Again, only my opinion. 

Esteemed Contributor

@EatWell  Skinny jeans and leggings can be worn by any age and size.  It's all about the top which makes or breaks wearing this silhouette on the bottom.  I think the TSV jeans  look nice on most of the models and hosts I've seen so far today.  I saw them on one of the shorter plus size models early this morning and they looked great on her.  Everyone I saw had on a booty covering top -- including the slim Laurie F.  

I know it can be upsetting to have to return, but I think your friend should give the jeans a try.   

Honored Contributor

Personally, I don't think QVC is the place to try out various styles of jeans because of the shipping involved.  If she dislikes them, she's going to incur about a $10.00 fee just for trying them on.

I would head to a department store for her try on various styles and see what she thinks and what looks best on her.

I don't consider these jeans, they are leggings.  

Valued Contributor

I love the look of these jeans.  Fortunately  for me, Carolyn and I are the same size so I get to see how the clothes she wears would look on me.  I saw her wearing these jeans and she looked squished .  IMO they were not flattering nor was the top that she had on.  So saves me having to ship them back. 

Respected Contributor

Also keep in mind that they have no zipper and are a very tight pull on type.  The host said you have to shimmy your way into them.  In my case, in order to get a size small enough to avoid a baggy butt, the waist often won't stretch out far enough for me to get them up and over my hips and tummy.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

Your friend could try them and if they don't work, she can return them.  Better still, go to a brick and mortar store and try on different brands of slim and skinny leg pants.  It's instant gratification.  I think pants that fit closer to the body are more flattering on fuller figures than wide leg pants or any style of baggy clothing. 

I'm tall and curvy and 71 years old.  I wear skinny jeans and pants with tall riding boots, sweaters that cover my rear end, ankle boots, pointy toe kitten heels, blouses, you name it.  The TSV looks more like a legging than a skinny pant.  At least these skinny jeans fit way tighter than my skinny and slim leg pants.  I have never looked good in boot cut anything.  The wider the leg of a pant is, the wider I look.  

Honored Contributor

@EatWell  Your question depends on the fit and what she wears with the jeans in terms of appropriate casual clothing. I know you are well meaning,  I would mention the fit and how to coordinate tops once to her....then drop it and love her for who she is no matter what she wears.