Trusted Contributor

Laurie Felt Silky Denim Skinny Ankle Jeans?

[ Edited ]

Are you a mature 50+woman, and slightly overweight?

Do you wear skinny ankle jeans?

I have a dear friend who is interested in trying first pair of skinny ankle jeans.

She is thick in the thighs.  And has a tummy, and a  bit of a Muffin Top.

She wears size 3X.

In your opinion, how would these stretch denim skinny ankle jeans look on her?  

What color denim jeans work best if she’s overweight?

And what kind of shoes goes with skinny ankle jeans?

Thank you for your advice.

Respected Contributor

Re: Laurie Felt Silky Denim Skinny Ankle Jeans?

She should wear whatever she likes.
Honored Contributor

I think most people should pass on the TSV jeans.  They are not flattering on the models, so, I imagine that they would not look nice on anyone else.  They are way too tight and look painted on.

Trusted Contributor

@RollTideRoll2008 wrote:
She should wear whatever she likes.

@RollTide2008

That’s the problem.  She has no sense of style.  All she wears is baggy dresses.

Honored Contributor

I would recommend she go shopping on try on different styles before buying from QVC.

As far as those jeans are concerned ... they look like leggings.  I don't like them.  

Honored Contributor

I'm not a plus size , I'm a petite ,but if she wants to try a very nice jean, I can recommend Martha Stewart's

They are well made and  launder well. I think her styles are fresh and today. I like the fabrication it has a bit of stretch to it

She might consider the tuxedo jean. The line at the side of the leg might slim her   larger leg look ,down a bit

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm 57, I wear a size 18 in skinny jeans because I have fullish thighs.  I don't have any belly issues and I have a true hour glass figure.  Yes, I now wear skinnies and leggings but only with long tunic tops.  My fashionista daughters who I can always depend on to tell me the truth about clothes, tell me that I look smaller in skinnies and leggings than I do in bootcuts.  Fit is everything and because QVC caters to the middle aged woman's body, if your friend measures herself honestly and uses the size chart, she'll get a good fit and that will eliminate the muffin top.  Regardless of size, muffin tops mean the woman is wearing the wrong size.  I don't know the woman so I don't know how they'll look on her...lol   If she's interested, she should buy them and try them on and judge for herself.  As for footwear; everything goes with skinnies.  Short boots, tall boots, heels, sandals...whatever.

Trusted Contributor

Early 50’s here, I wear skinny jeans/leggings every day with boots...once in a while I’ll wear boot cut, not too often...I don’t carry my weight in my legs, I think if I had large legs I would stick to a boot cut jean...jmo 

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

I think the best thing to do is wear them like you would leggings. 

Respected Contributor

Your friend can treat these jeans as leggings, and she'll be fine in any color.  I think plus size women can wear leggings with a long top and look very nice.

(Not many can pull off skinny skinny jeans without a long top.)

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York