New Contributor

Laurie Felt JUMPSUIT - it's RAYON folks !

Cannot tell you how delighted I am to see jumpsuits coming back....sooo comfortable and summery !  HOWEVER.....$75.00 for a RAYON jumpsuit ??   Rayon is long known to be a cheap, difficult fabric to deal with - it stretches, wrinkles when wet, can't be put in the dryer, must be very careful when ironing -- and simply does not look expensive.  When paying $75, I expect a much, much better quality material.  

I'm not knocking Laurie Felt, because I've been seeing this move to lower quality materials, with rising prices almost across the board.  I'm especially dismayed when I see a poor quality, secondary fabric toasted by presenters as a "new" or "wonderful" fabric.  For Instance, slub knit has been around forever, and is actually a mistake in the weaving process.....hence, early slub knit clothing was super cheap.  And modal  was recently touted as a "new" fabric 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Laurie Felt JUMPSUIT - it's RAYON folks !

Assuming you mean the floral jumpsuit, it is tumble dry.   Rayon used to be as you describe, but several years ago I found it to be much different than I remembered and started purchasing it again.  

I have many rayon pieces now and love them.  

B639379A-F3AA-42D5-A835-4C3E338C8857.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tori3569 

Totally -  rayon can be a very nice fabric these days.  

---------------------------------------

@Tori3569 wrote:

Assuming you mean the floral jumpsuit, it is tumble dry.   Rayon used to be as you describe, but several years ago I found it to be much different than I remembered and started purchasing it again.  

I have many rayon pieces now and love them.  

Respected Contributor

"Jumpsuits coming back"? They've been back for a couple years now.

Super Contributor

2020 Rayon is quite different from1970 Rayon.  Actually, I have several dresses and jumpsuits in rayon and they are quite nice.  Almost liquidy in feeling.

Honored Contributor

i will spend a lot more on a rayon item than on a cotton item.

the material is so much nicer!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I saw the jumpsuits and they looked quite nice.  I own a couple from Chico's but I am always concerned about the fit in the tummy area on them.   I will have to check the reviews on Laurie Felts, not that I am in need of another one.  I like her style but the line is pricey and sizing is always so inconsistent.  I have better luck eleswhere.

Respected Contributor

Rayon and jumpsuit is a bad combo. Last summer I bought a rayon jumpsuit not knowing about the stretching issue. It grew like 5 inches on the hanger. Very annoying you have to store it folded. It also wrinkles quite easily and doesn't wash well. I've had rayon shirts rip apart in the washing machine even though it said to machine wash. I now avoid 100% rayon anything. And $75 is a ridiculous price for a rayon garment, you can get that type of thing less than half that elsewhere such as old navy,

Honored Contributor

Rayon is a great fabric IMO, doesnt wrinkle, washes and drys well.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@erica g wrote:

2020 Rayon is quite different from1970 Rayon.  Actually, I have several dresses and jumpsuits in rayon and they are quite nice.  Almost liquidy in feeling.

@erica g Rayons can be in fabrics that you mentioned, but it also drapes beautifully in tops and skirts as in rayon challis.  Most of the "floaty" skirts you admire are from this fabric.

Rayon Fabric - Buy Rayon Dress Material Online – QUTUN