Frequent Contributor

Laundering Barefoot Dreams - Advice Please

Hello all!
I am looking for advice on laundering my new Barefoot Dreams cardigans that I purchased as a TSV.
I have always been hesitant at the price but this cardigan was EXACTLY what I had been looking for so I took the plunge.... times 3! (Black, sand dune and warm taupe)
They fit me perfectly and so I do not want to ruin them by laundering incorrectly.
Any advice and or tips would be much appreciated! Thank you!
Valued Contributor

Re: Laundering Barefoot Dreams - Advice Please

I would wash the cardigan on gentle cycle, inside out  in mesh laundry bag, cold water and lay flat to dry.  

Honored Contributor

I wash on the gentle cycle in cold water.  I put them in the dryer with low heat for a few minutes just to fluff them up and then lay flat to dry.  They come out perfect every time.  

I have several throw blankets that I launder the same way.  

Honored Contributor

What does the label say? Follow thw label.

Frequent Contributor

@Bri369 thank you for your recommendation! I greatly appreciate it!
Frequent Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 - there have been numerous times that I have followed the instructions on the label for things only to have them shrink, pill, etc.
These were a splurge purchase for me so I wanted to see how some of the more experienced Barefoot Dreams purchasers chose to launder theirs.
Respected Contributor

Cold water wash. Double rinse.  Cold air dry in the dryer. Comes out perfect. just like new

Esteemed Contributor

Washer and dryer for me.  Cold delicate wash and low heat dryer.  Fold don't hang as they can "grow"  as I learned the hard way.  Also no fabric softner or dryer sheets.  

Honored Contributor

I use cold water on gentle cycle and I never mix them with any other brand/type of fabric.

I have tumble dried all of mine on the lowest setting, and with NO fabric softener.

They always come out nice and soft, just like when I purchased them.

Respected Contributor

I machine wash and tumble dry on low. Nothing bad has ever happened. I never use fabric softener.