Contributor

Don't forget "happy dance"

Esteemed Contributor

The clothing  vendors / designers  are likely using the word " fabrication " to let customers know  that there was  a  complex  effort  on their part  in  the fabrication process  of each garment. The fabrication process  flowchart  , not only includes  developing a sketch design but  all the steps  of fabric  choice,  pattern design , pattern production , sewing , inspection, finishing, and packaging.  I think the clothing vendors/ designers  are trying to elevate the level of their clothing rather than us feel they are just selling mass produced items  made of cheap fabric. I can say some items on QVC have been make of okay fabric and some items I received were cheap material  or  had  sewing imperfections .

I  would rather heard the word fabrication  than  " oh it's so good "  or all the Valley girl lingo talk  using the word  " like, Like "  or hear those stupid Marge stories .  Or hear the Hosts say that muk  luk boots could be worn dressed up , what  garbage. 

Esteemed Contributor

@buffieg wrote:

Don't forget "happy dance"

I can't stand  it  along with " Hot pick ", " It's so good " , " Fri-Yay " , " Sunday fun day " , " Seven Davy " , ect . There was a new one that JT said during one of her recent presentations but I forgot what it was.

QVC must have their own  staff section to  think up all these jingle  phrases.

Honored Contributor

I heard one the other day on HSN (Nina Leonard vendor), it was elastication. I think I'm fine with stretchy.

Honored Contributor

How about Shaun with "sidebar"  -- talk about totally ridiculous.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I heard one the other day on HSN (Nina Leonard vendor), it was elastication. I think I'm fine with stretchy.

Perhaps elastication is the "elevated" version of stretchy. 

Honored Contributor

They've been doing this for years now.  It's not anything new.  

I cannot stand it.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

And "colorways".

This word seems the strangest to me. Never heard it used in the early days of the Q. As a matter of fact never heard it in my life before the Q started using it a few years ago. Just say “colors”. 

Honored Contributor

Latest????   Fabrication has been the subject of posts on this board for 10 years.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Latest overused Word

[ Edited ]

I am both amused and irritated by the many supposedly trendy buzz words/terms used in all forms of the work world...such as "deep dive" and "pipeline" in offices, "best practices" and "modeling" in education, those already mentioned in fashion, as well as words like "curator" for a owner/buyer that simply sells/offers a variety of items - just to name a few.  Why do people/businesses find it necessary to find a more offbeat way to express what is already commonly known by another term?  It seems almost intended to be uppity and exclusionary by intent and design.  You are supposed to feel like the person using the new term is more knowledgeable and it is also silently implied it is a term you need to add to your vocabulary or you will look out of touch. Fortunately, I am old enough not to have to play this word game, but I still think it dumb.  JMHO

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.