Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I heard one the other day on HSN (Nina Leonard vendor), it was elastication. I think I'm fine with stretchy.

Perhaps elastication is the "elevated" version of stretchy. 

Elastication is the British version of elastic -- it is a real word, and was probably used by a vendor with a British background.

Respected Contributor

@Havarti 

" uppity and exclusionary "

Exactly!  I coudn't have said it better.

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

And "colorways".

you took the words right out of my mouth @shaggygirl 

Respected Contributor

@KailaS , i really do think i am getting crankier every year. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I heard one the other day on HSN (Nina Leonard vendor), it was elasticationI think I'm fine with stretchy.

@SilleeMee     love that oneWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

I don't see a problem. It's a real word being used properly in context.

If they didn't give you the fabrication there'd be another thread (or 5) with all of you up in arms because they're not giving you enough information?!!

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

If they didn't give you the fabrication there'd be another thread (or 5) with all of you up in arms because they're not giving you enough information?!!

It's actually not.   What if a host said, "To get to QVC's facility, come down Monroe Street and when you get to the thorax of Monroe and Evans, take a quick right and you will see the building.

Then if host after host copied my misuse of "thorax" and incorporated it into their sales pitches, would that repetitive misuse of a word all of a sudden make it the correct word to use?  No, it wouldn't.  Same here.

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

It's actually not.   What if a host said, "To get to QVC's facility, come down Monroe Street and when you get to the thorax of Monroe and Evans, take a quick right and you will see the building.

Then if host after host copied my misuse of "thorax" and incorporated it into their sales pitches, would that repetitive misuse of a word all of a sudden make it the correct word to use?  No, it wouldn't.  Same here.

@santorini 

It actually is. Twist it any way you wish to but it's still the end result manufacturing.

Honored Contributor

I don't mind "fabrication" at all.  To me it usually is used to point out "knit" or "woven."  It is my pet peeve not to have this info.  "Fabric" to me means wool, cotton, polyester, etc.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@santorini wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@santorini 

It actually is. Twist it any way you wish to but it's still the end result manufacturing.

No twisting here.  They use it when they are talking about the material used - the stuff you buy by the yard -- not the method they used to create the garment.  It's supposed to be fabric, not fabrication.