Honored Contributor

I notice all the Fashion  vendors using  the word FABRICATION over and over.....must be the new word....   I am sick of hearing it.....like FriYay👎

Honored Contributor

Agreed.  I've never understood the use of "fabrication" when "fabric" has worked so well all these years.

Respected Contributor

Some hosts have been using, MOMENT and STORY excessively, while presenting. 

Respected Contributor

I also agree.  Sounds affected.

When I hear "fabrication" I think "a lie."  I'm sure that's not what they are going for!

Respected Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I also agree.  Sounds affected.

When I hear "fabrication" I think "a lie."  I'm sure that's not what they are going for!

Absolutely! To "fabricate" something, is to make it up, as in a lie!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Latest overused Word

[ Edited ]

And "colorways".

Esteemed Contributor

I totally agree!    To me,. "fabrication" is a lie so I wonder if they're lying about the garment being presented.   And, I had to quit watching any Valerie Parr Hill show because, to her, everything is a "story."     Odd that these small things irritate me so much, but they do.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I totally agree!    To me,. "fabrication" is a lie so I wonder if they're lying about the garment being presented.   And, I had to quit watching any Valerie Parr Hill show because, to her, everything is a "story."     Odd that these small things irritate me so much, but they do.

It's always been used in commercials and ads.  I don't see why not. It's not just a QVC thing.  QVC is one long infomercial anyway.  Why not use is?

Respected Contributor

AGREE!  This has annoyed me for a very long time and recall posting about it somewhere else on the Q forums.  They should simply use the word "fabric."  Fabrication is how something is made.  When hosts and vendors touch an item and refer to it having a nice, smooth, silky feel, they should just say "fabric."  If they talk about how something is made, say, spun on a special machine or stitched in a certain way, then "fabrication" is correct.  Other than that, this word has become like nails on the chalkboard for me!!!  

Trusted Contributor

I am surprised at myself by how much fabrication is a mildvirritant. Another word for me is used by only one vendor. It is curvation. In my part of the country, Curvation is a brand name, so the word calls attention to itself.  I do just shift the channel, but I always wonder if I have become crankier as I have gotten older. 😊