Honored Contributor

Re: Latest fashion purchase: Attire, jewelry, shoes, handbag, millinery

@willdob3 wrote:

@Nonametoday

I stepped out of my comfort zone a bit when I ordered this in Urban Grey. I'll need to wear color under it to avoid looking washed out but I just could not resist! I need solid color cardigans & this will work year round here. I do like some the other colors, too. I am posting the picture in pink to show the full length of it. I haven't received it yet. It was either a Lunchtime Special or a Primetime Special.

A287123 - H by Halston 3/4 Sleeve Cardigan w/ Faux Suede Stripe Detail

Image result for H by Halston 3/4 Sleeve Cardigan w/ Faux Suede Stripe Detail, Urban Grey

Related image

@willdob3

I have had them in my heart and mind and wish list for a long time.  I think you may have pushed me over the line.  That gray has been calling my name for a long time.  I would need to wear a collar pulled out to keep me from looking like a corpse, but it is so worth it.  LOVE IT.  Good for you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday,   I purchased a few tee shirts on sale from JJill for the summer months and I also purchased a beautiful indigo pebble leather crossbody/shoulder bag from Kate Spade on sale.  I also purchased a couple pairs of sandals and they were both "As Is."   And, two other pair sandals from Clarks with a gift card.  I prefer to purchase items on sale, if possible because clothes, shoes, etc. are so marked up to begin with that even when on sale the vendor is making money.  HeartCat Happy

BTW, what did you purchase????

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1

You did fabulous.  That Kate Spade bag sounds adorable.  All you got was great.  I like shopping on sale.  I am not at the age I have to have it when it first comes out.  In fact, I like for it to be tried and tested and then if it looks good on others my age, I will jump but I don't want to be the first to jump (like when I was young) so I find myself getting more bargains nowadays.

I got some new underwear (necessity), some Natori jammies that are so comfy (more like loungewear floral green) and I got the white flax blazer, all on sale.  I also ordered some shoes from 6 pm (some tan wedges that I have been wanting at Zappos).  Always a good sale at 6 pm.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper~ those are my kind of summer shoes!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

An Isaac Mizrahi floral jacket on clearance.  I returned my first one  because of a defective zipper and patiently waited for a clearance price to re-order. 

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

An Isaac Mizrahi floral jacket on clearance.  I returned my first one  because of a defective zipper and patiently waited for a clearance price to re-order. 

@depglass

I hope you don't get your defective return again at the clearance price! Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

@depglass

Check your charges and credits.  Make sure you get clearance price.  I have neglected to do that in the past and did not get the price.  They will skunk you if you are not careful.

Honored Contributor

Completed my dress additions (definitely have to be done with that) with something I've long aspired to own. An LK Bennett dress, brand that Duchess Kate wears. I got one on E Bay new with tags for $75. Seller wanted 99. First time making an offer so I didnt want to insult and I wasn't sure how all that works. I've never bought clothes on EBay, just a few random things for my mother.

Same dress is $147.50 on LK Bennett site right now on sale, it was left in my size in navy and I was so tempted. Regular price on their site is 295. But I Googled and found it on EB.

I just hope it fits or just needs alterations. Worst case scenario I begin my adventure of selling online. I was looking for a dress appropriate for professional type situations, church, funerals, etc and this is it. It's black and cream. I believe it's ponte, not sure.

61eef3c3a61611151ebe079a7e90e882.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Completed my dress additions (definitely have to be done with that) with something I've long aspired to own. An LK Bennett dress, brand that Duchess Kate wears. I got one on E Bay new with tags for $75. Seller wanted 99. First time making an offer so I didnt want to insult and I wasn't sure how all that works. I've never bought clothes on EBay, just a few random things for my mother.

Same dress is $147.50 on LK Bennett site right now on sale, it was left in my size in navy and I was so tempted. Regular price on their site is 295. But I Googled and found it on EB.

I just hope it fits or just needs alterations. Worst case scenario I begin my adventure of selling online. I was looking for a dress appropriate for professional type situations, church, funerals, etc and this is it. It's black and cream. I believe it's ponte, not sure.

61eef3c3a61611151ebe079a7e90e882.jpg

@Greeneyedlady21

Wow.  Beautiful, classy dress at a great price.  My daughter and DIL buy some LK Bennett apparell.   DIL likes Kay Unger, says the clothing fits her better in small sizes.  Hmmm.

Esteemed Contributor

Just bought some polo dresses at Lands End.  One is already sold out so I can't post a photo but I just ordered this one too. 

485052_AH17_LF_4GH.jpg