Honored Contributor

Latest fashion or accessory splurge

What is your latest fashion or accessory item that you really splurged on?

I'm posting this in this forum because I'm only asking about a fashion or accessory splurge, not a vacation or something like that.  I will post in a while. I bougtht two today in a boutique and am trying to decide which to psst about.

Anyone want to share first?

Honored Contributor

Re: Latest fashion or accessory splurge

Eric Javitz handbag that I will have to wait until next summer to use!

Honored Contributor

I'm a terrible handbag louse.... I bought the Dooney & Bourke TSV in black and am in love!!  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Q4u  Glad you love it.  I think a splurge item is always "worth it" if it's a great success and you love it, rather than a "why did I buy that?" feeling after a bit of time goes by.

I bought a rather wild hat today but I really like it.  I tried it on yesterday (a million times) at a boutique and passed on it in the end, but went back and got it today and I'm happy I did.  LOGO haters would probably call it a "bag lady" hat but I think it looks great on me and the other customers in the boutique on both days all thought it looks great on me too so I'm not alone.

It's made of different materials.  A brownish-burgundy-ish wool on the top of it, very wide band of floral silk with a dark navy background and many colors of flowers around the main portion of the hat (the many colors in the floral will make it go with a lot of colors of coats) with a large black with tiny white polka dots bow on one side of it, and the brim is a plum wool  tweed.  Very mixed media - will go with a lot of LOGO clothes I have.  It's mainly an outdoor hat  and the wool makes it very warm, but because it's also a fashion hat I would wear it indoors with a bulky sweater too.  I'm really happy I got it, even though it's a lot more than I like to spend on a hat. Fortunately, this boutique was having a "Black Friday" sale this entire week so I got a substantial discount on the hat - it was still expensive though.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee

Pearly, your hat sounds adorable. I hope you enjoy it.

I hadn’t planned on buying anything but I did get some shoes yesterday – some comfort heels from Aravon (made by New Balance). I’m at the stage where I need comfortable shoes but they aren’t always very fashion forward. I’m on the fence about them but I decided to try them since ShoeBuy-dot-com had 25% off everything. I saved a lot of money. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Respected Contributor

A pair of elbow length black leather gloves I bought on sale from Lord & Taylor. I have opera length and shorter. Think they will go well with a black wrap, keeping my forearms warm when it gets chilly. 

Trusted Contributor

Vince Camuto Riley tote, found at Nordstrom Rack for $99.90

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vac  Score! on that beautiful tote.  The Rack can be so hit or miss, usually miss.

@cotton4me  Thank you for your kind words about my hat and also a big thank you for mentioning that shoe brand!  Like you, I'm into comfort shoes but rarely can find something that isn't super casual with a lot of comfort.   I need to check those out.

Honored Contributor

Splurge as in I spent more than I normally would on something? I can't think of anything. I am pretty well trained to look for deeply discounted things and walk away from everything else. 

I did get a pair of good quality silver huggie earrings not too long ago. Wide & thick, very nice. They cost more than I usually spend on earrings even after the sale price & discount code I had. 

Esteemed Contributor

I bought some Lucky Brand booties that are so comfy.  I'll call it a splurge because I had just purchased a pair of booties the same color a few days earlier, so I didn't really need them.  The Lucky booties have a lower heel and smooth leather, so they are a little different than the suede booties I bought earlier.  I will look for this brand again because they are very comfortable when standing all day at work.