Esteemed Contributor

Last of my summer purchases...

[ Edited ]

Last summer, I concentrated on collared blouses (mostly thrifted) in white and solid colors.  This year I wanted to add some prints or interesting details. 

I was also pretty good (but not great) about the one-in, one-out rule (some of the thrifted blouses from last year were re-donated). 

I also purchased several new sandals and a handbag in colors unusual for me, caramel and British tan, which surprisingly looked great with white and all my lighter wash denim.  I got way more use out of them than I thought I would.

I stopped buying summer items about 5 weeks ago. 

1.  Wood and leather sandals, made in Italy, thrifted.  They look like interlocking or inlaid wood, but they're not...just cuts in the wood.  Believe it or not, they're very comfortable...

20200814_133252.jpg

20200909_140108_2.jpg

2.  Bueno tan sandals (Nordy), Lucky leather handbag (Rack...looks like two colors, but it's all one color that almost matches the sandals...bad lighting)...  

20200909_135546_2.jpg

3.  Popover (half placket, which is a little wavy and needs to be sewn flat) Vilagallo cotton blouse, made in Madrid, exclusive design (per tag), thrifted $3.  I got the most compliments on this blouse, go figure...

20200911_152219_2.jpg

4.  Aqua Foxcroft eyelet blouse (Nordy).  Turns out that aqua is a really good color for me...much better than turq...who knew?  I was too lazy to re-take the pic with the sleeves cuffed properly...

20200807_163509_3.jpg

20200807_163614_2.jpg

5.  My favorite summer outfit this year...so comfortable.  Chico's no-iron linen striped blouse (highly recommend their no-iron linen!)...fantastic sale price $15.  LLBean (I swear I don't know whether to call it lightweight denim or twill...it seems like a combo) relaxed jeans, thrifted $3.  Both pieces are off-white.  Bueno (Nordy) caramel sandals (perfect with white)...

20200920_153420.jpg

6.  Top pic is how this necklace looked when I purchased on crazy sale at Chico's.  Second pic is how it looks now.  I simply could not get beyond the ceiling fan pull!!  I added a dangly doohicky from another necklace that I no longer own.  Close-up of the striped shirt...gold metallic stripe is very subtle..

20200906_154542_2.jpg

20200920_162858.jpg

7.  Question...just curious:  I've seen pics of sleeves cuffed this way, but never in person.  Do you cuff your sleeves this way or have you seen others wearing it this way?  What do you think?

20200911_151455_4.jpg

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Last of my summer purchases...

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF 

#4 is my absolute favorite!  This is one of my favorite colors; aqua.  My closet is on aqua-overload!

Edited to ask...did you get those aqua shoes at QVC?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Those are some nice finds.  You have great taste and look great in all the pictures.  

As for the sleeves in the last photo, I would wear them down or cuffed up but not so much to show the reverse side of the print. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @SurferWife long time!  Woman, there is no such thing as aqua overload...I bet it looks great on you!  Purchased those sandals at SteinMart about 5 years ago!  Stay well.

Thank you @CAcableGirl2!

Esteemed Contributor

Love your tops - it's always great to have versatile button downs in your wardrobe.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

I look better in aqua than torquoise too and love your blouse in the aqua.

No I've never seen cuffs folded that high. I guess I would not wear that way ... but would have to see the whole effect w/ the pants, shoes, etc. Sometimes stuff works, sometimes it's just annoying to wear.

You made some great purchases.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CAcableGirl2  I was thinking about what you said about the cuff...that you wouldn't want to show the reverse side of the print. 

Here's a pic of the Chico's striped linen.  I liked the cuff on this blouse better than the cotton striped peacock feather one, but I couldn't figure why.  I see that, in the cotton blouse, the (faded) underside of the print is not as appealing as the underside of the linen, which is the same as the top side.  I think that's why! 

Thanks for the tip!

20200920_161612.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @jeanlake and @kate2357!  Heart

Honored Contributor

I like your multicolored slides and your tan slides.  I love slides too,  Just put your foot in and go.  Your aqua blouse is very nice.  Enjoy.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF  

Hi! I love your recent outfit purchases, especially the blouses. I love prints, patterns, and stripes. Your choices have "visual interest" and to me, that's what helps make an outfit. You look put together without looking like you tried. Good job!