Honored Contributor

Today on The View there are some nice plaids for $15.  Here are 2 of the choices. (there are presently 9 choices, earlier there were 15 so keep checking back)  If I post the link the thread will get poofed.

MORRIS BLANKET SCARFCLASSIC TARTAN BLANKET SCARF

Honored Contributor

Re: Large plaid blanket scarves

This past Christmas while working at a boutique, I saw several lasies wearing these with the corner draped to the front and tied to the back.

I loved them and got the beige one which seemed to be the most color.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG  This is how I wear my scarves under my outer coats.  I have a few really large (perfectly) square scarves - fold them into a triangular shape, cross the 2 ends behind my back and then tie in the front.  Put my coat on and sort of blouse it just a little in the front so that it's just a tad puffy in the front.  Looks great.

I saw a guy tie a scarf this way YEARS ago and thought it looked great.

Any other time I wear a scarf I'll tie it in many different ways including like a guy would tie a tie as long as the scarf isn't to cumbersome or thick with a lot of fabric.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@ECBG  This is how I wear my scarves under my outer coats.  I have a few really large (perfectly) square scarves - fold them into a triangular shape, cross the 2 ends behind my back and then tie in the front.  Put my coat on and sort of blouse it just a little in the front so that it's just a tad puffy in the front.  Looks great.

I saw a guy tie a scarf this way YEARS ago and thought it looked great.

ANy other time I wear a scarf I'll tie it in many differetn ways including like a guy would tie a tie as long as the scarf isn't to cumbersome or thick with a lot of fabric.

**********I tie scarves the way you describe then do off center knots all the way down the ends.

The scarves I mentioned looked so pretty because the plaid wasn't interrupted.  They were simply tied in back.