Valued Contributor

Lano Suede boots

[ Edited ]

So Jenny Coffey is going about about the great price ($33) saying no need to spend $1-2 hundred on other similiar boots out there. I am assuming she is referring to Ugg's or other's like it. Well let me say that the Lano boots are faux fur. Faux fur is not warm. It is fake fur. Ugg's and others have lamb's wool, which is warm. Living in WI I have cause to know what is warm and what is not.

It makes me mad when hosts compare a product to something that is infinetly better that what they are selling. D & Co often does that, trying to sell their polyester stuff and running down comparable cotton, and now this. I understand that to get the real thing we as customers have to pay more. But please, give us a choice. Some people may be willing to do that. I'd love to find a thick cotton flannel shirt on QVC, or really warm thick cotton sweat pants. etc

Respected Contributor

It's so true...it's a stretch and sales ploy to keep making those not so subtle "UGG" comparisons.  I will say I own both and love both. The Uggs real lambs wool absolutely is different from the faux fur, and even the suede on the outter part of the UGGs is softer. There absolutely is a difference, or trust me...Q would want to be getting their $$$ for Lamo too.

That said...I'm warm in both, I love them both. So...for those of you who don't want to spend $1-200 on UGGS, Lamos are cute, comfy, wear well for a long time. 

Respected Contributor

And if you look really good at the tag on the Ugg's, they are made in China.  They are not made in Australia.  I have had both artificial and lamb's wool and find there is no difference.

Honored Contributor

I wear UGG, and Bearpaw, and love them both. 

Honored Contributor

Jen uses price as her selling point for everything 

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I wear UGG, and Bearpaw, and love them both. 

Now that you mention other brands...it's my Beartraps that I've worn and loved best for years...get the most compliments on them and I think some people assume they are UGGs as the tall pair I have with brown bungee/button straps on the side I think copied an UGG style. I've worn them in all kinds of weather for yearsss, still looked great, but because I'd bought a "back-up" pair on clearance years ago, and was still wearing my original pair (for about 8 years!)...I finally forced myself to toss them or I'll never get to wear the new pair at this rate!  I have a short, tie-up pair of Beartrap snow boots too that I love.  They cradle my foot so comfortably, are cozy, sturdy, wear like iron.

Just another great brand. I don't think QVC is carrying the brand as much lately...but plenty of other places to buy them.

I realize this digresses a bit from OP's original topic...but your mention of Bearpaw (which I've never tried) made me think of them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lano Suede boots

[ Edited ]

@amyb  If you're interested, the TS on HSN today is Bearpaws!  They've had a couple of BearPaw shows so far today. Cute stuff!

Esteemed Contributor

I have Uggs and bought a pair of BearPaws which are OK but I prefer my Uggs that are fully lined in sheepskin not just the footbed.  Strictly a personal preference. Both brands are made in various countries including China. 

Honored Contributor

I actually 2 pairs of the Lamo boots and I can you they most certainly ARE warm.  Mine are in the Ugg style.  The faux fur is thick and goes down into the boot and foot bed and they are so warm that I don't wear socks with them.  Ugg and similar boots that have real sheep skin are great but I'm perfectly happy with my Lamo boots.  I pulled them out to inspect when I watched a couple of the Bearpaw shows on HSN.  My Lamo's are in great condition.  No wear and tear; no stains and I have had them for several years now.  

Honored Contributor

I find a huge difference between artificial and real sheepskin.  I've had Uggs and Bear Paws and find them comparable.  The BearPaws on HSN are cute, come in great colors and, although slightly more expensive than Lamo, are a great deal and much better quality.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment