Esteemed Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 @Another new name Sue Wasn't Land's End sold through Sears?

That could be where the stock came from.  They buy quite a lot of liquidations.

Lands End was only at Sears from 2002 to 2014.  That was much too long ago for any of that merchandise to have still been hanging around at Sears when they closed.  BTW Lands End has been around since 1963, so the Sears affiliation was just a short, unfortunate part of their history.

That's not quite correct. Even after Sears spun LE back off into a seperate company, LE continued to lease space in Sears stores. My local Sears store had a nicely sized LE shop up until the time the store closed last fall. It was the only reason that I ever went in the store. 

Well that's interesting @FrostyBabe1 .  I got those dates by googling, and they fit exactly with the time span that my Sears store (a big, 2 story store) carried Lands End. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I ordered a few Land's End tops and a lightweight jacket from Kohl's.  I immediately returned the same day.

The quality was cheap.  I have many clothing items from Land's End and the quality was always excellent. 

I was excited I could order LE from Kohl's and return to Kohl's if it doesn't fit.  However, with my first order, the quality was so bad I won't be ordering any LE from Kohl's or LE website.

What a shame. 

@Sunshine Kate 

I've continued to order from the LE website (no Kohl's nearby) and the quality has been as good as it always was.  Could they be producing a cheaper line of clothing for Kohl's?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link.

Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I ordered a few Land's End tops and a lightweight jacket from Kohl's.  I immediately returned the same day.

The quality was cheap.  I have many clothing items from Land's End and the quality was always excellent. 

I was excited I could order LE from Kohl's and return to Kohl's if it doesn't fit.  However, with my first order, the quality was so bad I won't be ordering any LE from Kohl's or LE website.

What a shame. 

@Sunshine Kate 

I've continued to order from the LE website (no Kohl's nearby) and the quality has been as good as it always was.  Could they be producing a cheaper line of clothing for Kohl's?

That's not my impression. What I've read sounds as though it's just an "edited" collection in the stores, with the entire regular line available (fulfilled by Lands' End) via the Kohl's website.

Respected Contributor

@busymom22 I agree with you, I get Land's End catalogues in the mail with 30 to 40 percent discounts. Everything is packaged well and high quality. I just received a washed black denim shirt that I really like.

Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

What a shame. 

@Sunshine Kate 

@shoesnbags

I guess it's lesser quality clothing than ordering from LE website.  I just know the items I ordered were not the same quality LE I've been used to.

So disappointing.    

Respected Contributor

Lands End clothing has become cheaper and the quality isn't nearly as good as it was many years ago. Kohl's sells cheaply made clothing. I've never understood the appeal. I can see those who like Denim & Co shopping there.