Contributor

Re: Lamo versus Bearpaw? What do you recommend?

[ Edited ]

Bearpaw uses genuine sheepskin lining. The Lamo TSV just says fleece, which wouldn't have the natural insulation or warmth of genuine sheepskin. The Lamo price reflects the less expensive material used.

Respected Contributor

The Lamo boots are like walking on cardboard. Back they went last year.

Respected Contributor

@darkpassenger wrote:

Bearpaw uses genuine sheepskin lining. The Lamo TSV just says fleece, which wouldn't have the natural insulation or warmth of genuine sheepskin. The Lamo price reflects the less expensive material used.

I agree about the lining.  The QVC ones have the cheaper lining (and look cheap to me and more like slipper quality instead of boots to wear outdoors).  As someone else mentioned, I think of Lame -O too and have to laugh about the name.

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I have purchased multiple pairs of each brand, live in these in the winter snow. Of these two, I favor BearPaw brand, I think their quality is higher and the fur lining thicker. I still buy Lamo, but not in colors that are daily wear colors, just unusual colors.

Comparing the TSVs, I would go with BearPaw if for no other reason than the height of the shaft. I cancelled my Lamo order because I decided I didn't care for the shaft knit construction or the height, too short.

ITA

Bearpaw are far better quality. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I have no problem with the name .."Lamo".  I think some Lamo are cute, but the sizing is totally messed up.  I have Bearpaw and a pair of Lamo--not QVC Lamo.  

I don't wear my good UGGS in heavy snow so it's totally irrelevant to me how well they hold up in snow.  I wear my Hunter with socks or my Sorel or Snow boots in snow  These types of boots...ie Bearpaw, Uggs and Lamo are mainly for cold weather.  I'd never think of wearing them in heavy snow.  They are for cold weather and fashion only. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

All I know is that LAMO runs one size small so size up. My daughter has 3 pair of Lamos and loves them. We saw the Bearpaws and we are going to give it a whirl. I am afraid the sock part of the Lamo boot will stretch out of shape.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the Lamo TSV is cute and from my experience with the brand the water resistent property will be effective unless you are trying to wear the boots in several inches of snow.  Howver, you can create the sock look using your own socks, so that feature shouldn't be the deciding factor.  I have not seen the Evine TS, but Bearpaws have  The genuine sheepskin lining (same as Uggs) and the sole of their boots have very good skid resistance.  In my experience I don't have to size up or down in eother brand.  I wear a 7.5 shoe and both brands fit me just fine in 7 -- even worn with thicker winter socks.  Perhaps you could decide based on color. The Lamo is available in some non basic colors.  If the Bearpaw is only available in tan, brown, and black that would make me lean toward the Lamo. 

OOPS... sorry, I just tuned into a shopping channel on tv for the first time today and I see it's HSN not Evine which has the Bearpaw boots.  

Honored Contributor

I've had many pairs of these boots/slippers.  Although they are a little more expensive, I'd definitely go for the real suede lined with real wool shearling.  They're much warmer, wear better and your feet can breathe.  You don't have to pay big $$$ for Uggs; there are other less expensive brands available.  I got a beautiful burgundy pair from QVC last year.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I know nothing about either, but it seems like Lame-O is a poor choice of name.

@ValuSkr   It's Lamo, not Lameo.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wore a pair of Bearpaw all last year throughout the winter in all the snow. They held up and felt good, even wore them in the snow without socks, no problem. 

ETA: Only Emu boots are still made in Australia, the others including UGGS are made in China if that makes a difference to you.

As for the Lamo boots they say they use fleece, fleece can be wool from a sheep or it can be made out of polyester like the kind they use in fleece jackets., QVC saying it is fleece lining does not distinguish so if they are made of polyester, not sure how long they would hold up. 

Edited: EMU boots on their own website are made in Australia, but as someone else pointed out on a different thread, the EMU boots sold on Evine seem to be coming from China as well. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.