Honored Contributor

Re: Lamo upcoming tsv preorder? Oh yeah!

I don't care for this style boot no matter who makes it.  However, there must be something wrong with me because everyone seems to love them.

If I were to purchase a pair though, I would do some research to make sure the brand I was buying only uses  skins that are by-products of the meat industry.  Some brands are cruel to animals.  Uggs claims to use only by-product skins.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I don't care for this style boot no matter who makes it.  However, there must be something wrong with me because everyone seems to love them.

If I were to purchase a pair though, I would do some research to make sure the brand I was buying only uses  skins that are by-products of the meat industry.  Some brands are cruel to animals.  Uggs claims to use only by-product skins.

Nothing wrong with you.  I think they are ugly but these are less ugly than others.  I don't wear mine very often at all which is why I really don't need these.  The only time I ever wore them away from my house was a few weeks ago when DH and I were camping and it was freezing.  They did keep my feet toasty warm.  

Otherwise, I generally wear mine to go outside with my dog to play, run to a neighbors house, etc.   

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Do people hate the label because it says LAMO?  Do you feel the same way about the big label across the back of UGG boots or is that okay because it says UGG? 

Just wondering. 

There was a heated thread about this last year..  The general consensus fell between the name was too similar to LAME-O and for some UGG is a status thing. Me, I hate labels period.

I'm thinking of trying the red.  I'm a 6 or a 6.5 and debating if I should go with 7.

I don't care about the status thing.  No matter the version, I think they are all ugly.  LOL

There is also a big difference between wearing a legit pair of boots that just happen to look similar to Uggs and buying a pair of knock-offs that say Uggs on them.  That's what I liken the real Chanel/korean version post to. 

When I bought these, I don't try and pass them off as Uggs.  They are just warm boots to me.   

Respected Contributor

They look warm and cozy and it's a great price.  I see gray coming my way.

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased a new pair of UGGs during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale.  If, however, I needed an UGG-type boot, I would purchase from Sam's or Costco.  Theirs are real Australian shearling, not faux fur, and at Sam's they cost $34.99.  

I think the LAMO boot is a cute style, but I also feel the shaft is a bit too short making it look more like a slipper.  

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

I purchased a new pair of UGGs during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale.  If, however, I needed an UGG-type boot, I would purchase from Sam's or Costco.  Theirs are real Australian shearling, not faux fur, and at Sam's they cost $34.99.  

I think the LAMO boot is a cute style, but I also feel the shaft is a bit too short making it look more like a slipper.  

Hi Magic.  I think UGGS are so cute, and I own many pairs.   But I have many pairs of UGGS and won't buy these.  They look nice though.

I have a pair of LAMO that I like, but the last year's TSV didn't fit me well.  I bought the pink and returned them.  The size 8 was too short, and I knew the 9 would be too big. 

I don't need another pair.

I wear mine in the Winter with leggings, jeans and usually sweaters or LLL jackets. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
How's the sizing? In regular Uggs, I size down. I bought Emu's regular size from Evine last year and wished that I DID size down. I like the red for something fun.

@kittylu - did you pay for yours on the Q card? Probably defaulted to the 3 auto payments that way. If it matters, maybe they can change for you? But, I'm guessing that may be why (regardless, I would think it should ask!!)

I wear an 8 in UGGS and an 8 in most boots.  The LAMO TSV from last year was too short in the 8.

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@Alter Ego wrote:
How's the sizing? In regular Uggs, I size down. I bought Emu's regular size from Evine last year and wished that I DID size down. I like the red for something fun.

@kittylu - did you pay for yours on the Q card? Probably defaulted to the 3 auto payments that way. If it matters, maybe they can change for you? But, I'm guessing that may be why (regardless, I would think it should ask!!)

@Alter Ego  Hopefully others will weigh in on the sizing question because I haven't bought a pair of Lamos in a long time but I found they ran smaller than Uggs. My shoe size is very standard -- I comfortably wear the same size across many brands -- and with Lamo my regular size j-u-s-t fit. 

ITA

They run small.  UGGS run totally TTS for me.

Respected Contributor

I like them, but I've been burned by sizing issues so many times that I've given up ordering footwear from Q.  It's too costly now take a chance, and I don't want to risk getting the "too many returns" letter from  Q.  Sigh.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

Hi Magic.  I think UGGS are so cute, and I own many pairs.   But I have many pairs of UGGS and won't buy these.  They look nice though.

I have a pair of LAMO that I like, but the last year's TSV didn't fit me well.  I bought the pink and returned them.  The size 8 was too short, and I knew the 9 would be too big. 

I don't need another pair.

I wear mine in the Winter with leggings, jeans and usually sweaters or LLL jackets. 

@winamac1

Hi Win!  I like my UGGs too, but I am really hoping for a repeat of last winter where we got so little snow boots were optional!  

I think the LAMO boots are cute, just think they should be a tad bit higher.  I just parted with my EMUs for that reason.  I don't know why, but to me a short shaft suede boot reminds me of house slippers. Speaking of which, I thought about buying the HSN Sporto slipper, but knew I wouldn't wear them.  As cold as it is here in the winter, I either go barefoot or wear a pair of socks.  Slippers are like a foreign object to me.  LOL