Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,881
Registered: ‎12-29-2010

Re: Lamo upcoming tsv preorder? Oh yeah!


@Trudey wrote:

@Winamac. I love those Antelope boots...so cute.  What type of lining do they have?


Hi Truley.  I just opened the box again and looked at the lining.  They are just the same color taupe/grey leather lining as there is on the outside.  Hope that helps!  There's no heavy insulated lining or anything like that in these Antelope boots.  They wouldn't be for snow--only fashion.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,881
Registered: ‎12-29-2010

Re: Lamo upcoming tsv preorder? Oh yeah!

https://www.antelopeshoes.com/boots/304-ankle-boots.html

 

Truley..I got the taupe!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,251
Registered: ‎11-24-2014

Re: Lamo upcoming tsv preorder? Oh yeah!


@Songbird1 wrote:

@Winamac wrote:

QVC Lamo's don't fit me well.  The 8 is too short, and the 9 is too big.


It is a little short on me too.  I can still wear it but with thin socks.  Only Uggs fit me perfectly.  I noticed Evine has EMU another Aussie ugg type boots.  Made in China, but I hear it still pretty good


Emu's are not made in China, they are made in Australia.

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,879
Registered: ‎06-20-2010

Re: Lamo upcoming tsv preorder? Oh yeah!

@Winamac I wasn't wowed from a 'I want to wear these everywhere' perspective.  I do think they will make a cute warm and supportive house shoe.  I thought I might get the red for my own amusement during the holidays/colder temps.

 

I definitely want to wait for the sizing reviews though.  I have the most standard foot to fit -- I was seriously bummed out when my last Lamo purchase was less than ideal.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,757
Registered: ‎11-28-2012

Re: Lamo upcoming tsv preorder? Oh yeah!


@60sgirl wrote:

@Songbird1 wrote:

@Winamac wrote:

QVC Lamo's don't fit me well.  The 8 is too short, and the 9 is too big.


It is a little short on me too.  I can still wear it but with thin socks.  Only Uggs fit me perfectly.  I noticed Evine has EMU another Aussie ugg type boots.  Made in China, but I hear it still pretty good


Emu's are not made in China, they are made in Australia.


Many of the EMUs on Evine are made in China.

 

Aren't a lot of UGGs made in China now?  Many descriptions say Australian sheep skin but they do not mention where they are made.

 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,251
Registered: ‎11-24-2014

Re: Lamo upcoming tsv preorder? Oh yeah!


@muttmom wrote:

@60sgirl wrote:

@Songbird1 wrote:

@Winamac wrote:

QVC Lamo's don't fit me well.  The 8 is too short, and the 9 is too big.


It is a little short on me too.  I can still wear it but with thin socks.  Only Uggs fit me perfectly.  I noticed Evine has EMU another Aussie ugg type boots.  Made in China, but I hear it still pretty good


Emu's are not made in China, they are made in Australia.


Many of the EMUs on Evine are made in China.

 

Aren't a lot of UGGs made in China now?  Many descriptions say Australian sheep skin but they do not mention where they are made.

 


genuine EMU boots per their website are made in Australia. Not sure why Evine has  different boots if they are authentic EMUs.. All UGGs are made in China now since the company was bought out by Decker Outdoor Corporation and outsourced all ther boots to China. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,881
Registered: ‎12-29-2010

Re: Lamo upcoming tsv preorder? Oh yeah!


@islandgrrl wrote:

@Winamac I wasn't wowed from a 'I want to wear these everywhere' perspective.  I do think they will make a cute warm and supportive house shoe.  I thought I might get the red for my own amusement during the holidays/colder temps.

 

I definitely want to wait for the sizing reviews though.  I have the most standard foot to fit -- I was seriously bummed out when my last Lamo purchase was less than ideal.


Same with me.  I usually wear an 8 in everything--UGGS, EMU, Sorel, Antelope, etc.  The Lamo 8's were too short.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,866
Registered: ‎08-07-2013

Re: Lamo upcoming tsv preorder? Oh yeah!

I saw those the other day and they are okay but, I would worry about the sock part getting dirty or pulling on something and coming unraveled. A pass for me.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,866
Registered: ‎08-07-2013

Re: Lamo upcoming tsv preorder? Oh yeah!


@Winamac wrote:

@islandgrrl wrote:

@Winamac I wasn't wowed from a 'I want to wear these everywhere' perspective.  I do think they will make a cute warm and supportive house shoe.  I thought I might get the red for my own amusement during the holidays/colder temps.

 

I definitely want to wait for the sizing reviews though.  I have the most standard foot to fit -- I was seriously bummed out when my last Lamo purchase was less than ideal.


Same with me.  I usually wear an 8 in everything--UGGS, EMU, Sorel, Antelope, etc.  The Lamo 8's were too short.  


I agree.. Winamac the Lamo's do run short. I had to go up in my orders with these particular boot they fit fine with socks or without. Otherwise I am a 8 in all the above and Clarks too.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,176
Registered: ‎01-20-2011

Re: Lamo upcoming tsv preorder? Oh yeah!


@Biftu wrote:

These Lamo boots always look cute, but I don't like that huge white Lamo label on the back.  Not that I care that is advertises they are Lamo, I would just rather they were plain.

A fine point sharpie pen in a matching color will blend that LAMO right in...lol