I bought a lamb leather jacket a year ago from Denim & Co.  The leather has pulled awaay from the seam above the pocket because there wasn't any seam allowance.  Because the jacket is lined, I couldn't possibly tell there was a problem until there was a gaping hole on the side of my jacket.  I got no help from customer service.  I love the jacket but can't wear it.  I spent $250 on a jacket I can't wear.  QVC won't stand behind their product.  Does anyone have any suggestions? Can this be repaired without costing  a fortune?

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry that happened to your jacket.  I have a lot of lamb leather jackets from QVC over the years and I guess I've been lucky.

You can take it to a cleaners that has a seamstress that comes in and does repairs for them.  They usually do it part time as there isn't enough work for them to be there all of the time.  Sometimes the cleaner owners repair it.

All they have to do is remove the seam in the lining, turn it inside out and stitch it.  Then they turn it back inside right and make a small stitch where it can't be seen.

I'd ask to see some of the work they do BEFORE you turn it over to them and check out several as costs will vary.  It should be a lot of money.

Honored Contributor

@bjowalker  Try posting your message under "Customer Care." 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Scary that it is only one year old. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit the age of some of my many leather items. Thank goodness I never had that happen. I wish you luck on getting it resolved.

Honored Contributor

To repair it, all they have to do is loosen some stitches at the bottom, turn the problem through the hole, repair, turn it back in, and retack the lining to the jacket.  Takes all of 15-20 minutes.  Google someone that repairs leather in your area.  There should be several with all the motorcycles on the road who need seats repaired.  Your cleaners may also have a good alterations person.