Trusted Contributor

Re: Lady Kitty Spencer's Wedding Dress

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Why do posters have to start drama and arguments in a thread about a wedding dress? Or in any other thread in the fashion forum?

There are plenty of other forums for that here, if that's your thing.

Because it's unfair and rude to be intentionally misquoted on any thread.  And have your simple, valid opinion about a dress be disqualified by the poster too.  .

Esteemed Contributor

She's beautiful.....but I can't say that for the dress.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Last Friday I watched a quick youtube of the arrival and departure after the ceremony of her Mom and Dad's wedding.  Of course there was footage of Princess Di arriving as well.  Her mom's wedding dress is one of the worst I have ever seen.  So nice to see Lady Kitty look like a Bride and not a runway model.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

Sorry but, there isn’t anything that I like about her dress 😪

Ditto.

Trusted Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Last Friday I watched a quick youtube of the arrival and departure after the ceremony of her Mom and Dad's wedding.  Of course there was footage of Princess Di arriving as well.  Her mom's wedding dress is one of the worst I have ever seen.  So nice to see Lady Kitty look like a Bride and not a runway model.

I read that elements of Kitty's dress design were taken from her mom's gown. High neckline, buttons down the front and at cuffs. 

Her mother's gown is one of the oddest I've seen- brocaded with rolls of brown fur at the cuffs and hip. Very messy hairdo, but it looks like she wore the Spencer tiara. The whole wedding had a sepia tone to it that was depressing.

Honored Contributor

Too much in my opinion, and i don't like the bra showing! This also seems more like a Fall/Winter wedding dress to me!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 

Thanks for posting, enjoyable seeing the interesting dresses, and jewels.

The ensuing snipe - not so much.

What would cause one to be so negative about strangers motives for marrying?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

JMO, that dress is too heavy for this time of year and very tablecloth or curtain looking.

And 

JMO again, kind of icky that her groom is older than her father. 

Honored Contributor

It's nice to see a bride more covered up and a dress with sleeves, but it's way too much lace and material for me. I don't like the poufy shoulders. 

Trusted Contributor

They've been together for at least 3 years. The relationship and their life together has been low key. He has been divorced for years. He has grown children. He and Kitty are in love. They live together in a $20 million dollar home in London. They made their relationship legal. How is that a bad thing?

She grew up in a castle and jetted between 2 countries, while attending exclusive schools. She got her degree in Luxury Brand Management. She was never going to marry a poor man. She never needed to marry a rich man, either.

Good for them.