Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lady Kitty Spencer's Wedding Dress

I'm not fond of this dress.  Happy for anyone that finds love though!  Good for her. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

That dress is way over the top.  A bunch of froth and froufrou.  

Honored Contributor

I like this beautiful dress style and fabric, etc.

Very beautiful photos, too.

Sort of a 'classic' dress throughout the many ages (years and years).  

Wishing the bride and groom the very best.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Spectacular dress

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Her new husband is also an old soul -- he's 32 years older than she is, at 62 years old -- billionaire (some sources state "multi-millionaire") fashion businessman, Michael Lewis.  He's older than her father.

@Caaareful Shopper    She's getting herself financially fixed for life; he gets a trophy wife.  Practical arrangement. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Why the comments about age and financial security? Doesn't anyone realize the Spencer's have already secured Lady Kitty's life financially? She doesn't need to marry for money. Anyone heard of marrying for shared interests, love, lifelong commitment to your best friend, and perhaps to begin a family together?

They are a handsome couple, appear to be very happy and in love. I wish them many, many years of wedded bliss.                                        

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

@decaf wrote:

She's covered from head to toe, buttoned up to her neck, those weird puffy sleeves, the longest train and veil, so traditional and over the top.  But in photos 2 and 3 it looks like the top of the dress is an underwire bra, very lingerie looking, and bare midriff.  It may be a couture piece but,for me, it's a huge no.  It's ugly.

@decaf  Wedding gowns have built-in bras. Mine did in 1969. However, my gown was a 20mm silk with an overlay of lace; therefore no one could see the built-in undergarment. Seriously, who expects to wear a regular bra under a wedding gown?

This gown has spectatular lace made for her. It's stunning and doesn't need a lining in the bodice. She's in her element wearing a gown like this with such a fabulous simple, but large train with the same gorgeous lace. Elegance at its best. It certainly fits the occasion IMO.  

@BirkiLady  I did not say women wear regular bras under wedding gowns.  And I never said wedding gowns don't have built in bras. 

You wanted to get your own "20 mm silk and lace" wedding dress into the discussion and, to do that, you had to put words in my mouth.  It's rude and wrong for you to change the content of my posts so it suits your narrative.

It appears you also don't understand the concept of differing opinions.  I clearly stated my opinion, the gown is ugly and then you argue, at great length, about how it's stunning.  Very strange.

I'm entitled to my opinion.  I won't respond to you again.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

She may or may not need the money but he still landed himself a trophy wife.

If they're planning a family, it's unfair to children to have them in your mid 60's or even older. 

Honored Contributor

I think the gown is amazing and she looks gorgeous in it!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Why do posters have to start drama and arguments in a thread about a wedding dress? Or in any other thread in the fashion forum?

There are plenty of other forums for that here, if that's your thing.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"