Trusted Contributor

Re: Lady Kitty Spencer's Wedding Dress

Beautiful gown on a beautiful Lady Kitty Spencer! I just don't care for the high neck Victorian neckline on it.  Other than that, its gorgeous!  I also saw the other photos of her other 2 dresses she wore for her wedding. The gown for the night before, and the gown she changed into after the wedding.  All of them were amazing!  

Respected Contributor

I think this gown is exquisite and spectacular in every way.  I could see Grace Kelly in this elegant gown.

I wouldn't change a thing.  Thumbs up up up from me!!  Woman Very Happy

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 Wow! Now that's a wedding dress! I'm with @stevieb that it is refreshing to see a dress that isn't bare to there!

Respected Contributor

@Iwantcoffee That dress is a definite wow. I could never pull it off but she looks great.

Super Contributor

That is a massive amount of lace work. I think it is beautiful if you like lace that much. I like the general design of the gown but I think I would probably go with more satin and a bit less lace....although I do love some types of lace. It was her choice, hopefully. The dress will probably sit in some museum of wedding dresses somewhere for years to come. It is a lot of work for something that will be seen for a few minutes of ceremony and pictures. I doub that she did much dancing in it at the reception. Oh, well. Many of us will never have to worry about wearing such a dress.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read today that she wore 5 dresses the day of her wedding. Maybe it meant she wore the dresses over the course of a weekend? Not sure.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JamandBread wrote:

They've been together for at least 3 years. The relationship and their life together has been low key. He has been divorced for years. He has grown children. He and Kitty are in love. They live together in a $20 million dollar home in London. They made their relationship legal. How is that a bad thing?

She grew up in a castle and jetted between 2 countries, while attending exclusive schools. She got her degree in Luxury Brand Management. She was never going to marry a poor man. She never needed to marry a rich man, either.

Good for them.

@JamandBread 

Well said! Thank you for taking some words out of my mouth. 

They are compatible, friends first, well educated, successful, with future goals to share - and very much in love.

Too many mean comments about age and beauty on this thread. He would never be happy with an empty-headed trophy wife or someone only interested in what he is able to provide financially or socially. She already has both! They also (both) have had options, but found the right person to love forever and ever with each other. 

What does age have to do with it? 

Curious how many of the comments are from those in unhappy marriages or those who have been divorced? There must be a reason for so many rude comments such as his age and calling her a trophy wife. Those are offensive remarks for any couple on their wedding day (or anytime).                      

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

What is an unkind, shameful, misogynistic comment  (referring to the post before this one).

I was one of the posters who said he got a trophy wife. Actually I have a lot in common with the newlyweds, marriage wise, I'll leave it at that. 

I'm not  ''in an unhappy marriage or been through a divorce".  That shoots down the fabricated theory that only bitter women think this marriage is more Feb/December than May/.Dec.

I'm sure Europe's rich and famous don't read or get offended by these boards.  But, sadly, other people do.