Honored Contributor

Re: Lady Gaga -- Is she serious?

@gertrudecloset    Body shaming?  I said nothing about her body.  This is about fashion whether you like it or not.  It is not a big deal so don't make it one.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I have never understood this woman or the fascination with her.  Very strange.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@beckyb1012 -what do you not understand about her?  Just curious. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@beckyb1012   It's like any other singer throughout time. You like their singing or you don't.

Esteemed Contributor

I have an opinion just like the rest of y'all or the one of you with three different personas.  I gave mine.

My opinion is that no one should "body shame."  That means saying awful things about a person's fitness or LACKTHEREOF.  Talk about the clothing.

Y'all do this to the hosts too.  It's tiring.  Talk about the CLOTHES, leave people's bodies out of it.  If you don't like my comments keep it pushing.  I don't begrudge you YOUR opinion @on the bay   That goes for you and sooner and anybody else who wants to run up in here.  

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@gertrudecloset    Body shaming?  I said nothing about her body.  This is about fashion whether you like it or not.  It is not a big deal so don't make it one.

Yes.  No one need talk about another's body.  Just the garments or supposed style here @Katcat1 .  Is this a foreign concept for some of you?  I wasn't talking to YOU about body shaming.  Did I reply to you?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Frequent Contributor

I don't like the shoes.  I'm short and there's nothing wrong with being short.  Those shoes are an accident waiting to happen; I hope most don't copy the look.  Of course she's free to wear what she wants.

Respected Contributor

Size XX Small?  QVC's Amy would wear it.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset,

I don't believe in body shaming either. I am me. I am not part of Y'all or whoever you are lumping into a group. I also believe posters hopefully can have opinions without being personally "shamed" either!

I don't really see any thing that I would consider body shaming. Lady Gaga's outfit is designed to show off her incredible body and it is incredible. So it is hard not to comment on it.  Her legs in those heals are  very noticeable and I think she wants people to notice them. 

As one who has muscular arms, that I never particularly wanted to have that I know a lot would like to have, I don't mind anyone commenting on how they like a more toned look, vs muscular. I do too and I can say that and not feel ashamed. You see?

I don't think anyone means any harm here. Everyone has different opinions here that I don't think were shaming and I don't think there is any reason to get upset with people about them, that's all. It is just interesting to all see each others thoughts.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

She can do anything and pull it off.  She,s not hurting anyone.