Honored Contributor

Re: Lady Gaga -- Is she serious?

Yes there is a difference- opinion on an outfit vs body.

Anyway...my Mom loved Lady Gaga. She was in her 70's then 80's when she loved her. She even wanted to see her in concert, unfortunately we never got to do that together. Forever grateful for the type of person she was.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Frequent Contributor

Lady gaga, she reminds me of a beautiful bird, from the peacock family!. I'am as old as dirt, but i remember cher was fearless in her boots, as well david bowie, and so many others. A, women's shoes speak volumes about her personality. More attitude than fashion. They are her comfirmation shoes, announcing i'm here! The 60's and 70's, most females and males wore theem. QVC, sold small purses like that, and i still have mine, but i wear mine with my dr. Scholls. She is young and beautiful with a strong fashion sense, very bold and daring to wear 8inch heels. I, would need a cane, and i wouldn't get far. Well, i must say she looks great in blue, and i love her boots.

Esteemed Contributor

I think she looks cute in the shorts and top, and looks beautiful in the dresses she wears.  I don't always agree with her choice of footwear, however.  LOL. 

Respected Contributor

ShowBiz
Cheat Sheet

Lady Gaga’s Height Is Much Shorter Than Fans Think Lady Gaga without high heels : r/pics

As it turns out, her larger-than-life personality and surprising outfits make her seem taller than she actually is. It looks like there’s a reason we rarely ever see the pop singer without her sky high heels, making her bare-foot 5’1″ presence reach new heights between 5’8″ and 6’7″ in her craziest styles...

Lady Gaga’s Height, Weight And Body Measurements

Lady Gaga wearing towering platform stilettos

No one does statement shoes quite like Lady Gaga. Where the average person would stop at 5-inch heel or 3-inch platform, Gaga prefers footwear that defies logic. At just 5’1”, the petite star uses supersize heels to literally elevate her looks, and can move better in towering boots than most do in sneakers. Her lavish and ornate outfits often take the bulk of attention, but Gaga’s shoes deserve a museum exhibit all their own.~vogue

Lady Gaga Delivers Two Distinctly Glamorous Looks on the 'House Of Gucci'  Tour | Vogue

Take a Look Back at Lady Gaga's Biggest and Boldest High Heels from  Alexander McQueen, Gucci, and More | Vogue

Lady Gaga walks on the streets of NYC in sky high heels with silver  stockings : Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama

Take a Look Back at Lady Gaga's Biggest and Boldest High Heels from  Alexander McQueen, Gucci, and More | Vogue

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gertrudecloset,

This is what makes the fashion discussions not fun. You are speaking badly about another

poster for her opinions just because they don't match yours.Then it becomes a personal bash poster pile on.

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@gertrudecloset 

We are all entitled to a personal opinion and our own taste in what we find attractive.

Yes we are entitled to our own opinion.  You don't have to talk about the person, this is a fashion forum.  Not a speak badly of another person's body forum @ECBG .  Not a good look from a mature woman like yourself.  You sound jealous. 

And I don't think saying muscles vs toned is shaming at all.

I admire Lady Gaga for how she wants to look and feel though as someone who has always been muscular from gymnastics and swimming etc I always wanted to look like Marilyn Monroe! 

There were many opinions here that did not like what Lady Gaga was wearing or how she looked. But they did not decide to talk badly about another poster making them feel their opinion was shaming, which it really wasn't.

Not everything has to be a confrontation when opinions are different with fashion. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Surely this is for publicity only.

It so very refreshing to see a regular sized woman without a grossly overinflated bust.

A good role model to take jogging or work out with.

Remember when Lucy was the star and Ethel was the fat friend?  Something has shifted in our world.

Trusted Contributor

This photo was taken last year and she looks amazing.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Respected Contributor

she can wear anything, but should she? she looks cartoonish to me, but she needs the attention. Outrageous fashion seems to be necessary for some people. She's a pass for me.

Honored Contributor

Look at that tiny purse!!!! lol!!!

All for publicity! Lady Gaga along with many others have done outrageous outfits all for attention! Keeps their name out there......

Honored Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

This photo was taken last year and she looks amazing.

LOL...last year! Why are people so easily "shocked" at publicity events/photos??? 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri