Honored Contributor

Re: Lady Gaga In House Of Gucci

From Vogue UK. There is more, but it's a spoiler for the movie.

A quick fashion history recap. In 1972, Patrizia Reggiani, an Italian socialite, married Maurizio Gucci – the 20-something grandson of Gucci founder Guccio Gucci. Over the course of the next 15 years, the couple had two daughters; fought (and won) a high-profile battle for control of the Gucci brand; and became a fixture in the Italian tabloids, which ran an endless stream of pictures of Reggiani in dark sunglasses and gaudy jewellery, looking like a Milanese Elizabeth Taylor

Lady Gucci, as the press dubbed her, became famous for her extravagance – sailing between private Caribbean islands on her 200-foot yacht, the Creole, or decamping to her penthouse in Manhattan’s Olympic Tower whenever the mood struck. At her wealthiest, she reportedly spent £9,000 a month on orchids alone. Perhaps her most famous diktat? “I would rather weep in a Rolls-Royce than be happy on a bicycle.”

Then, in the mid-’80s, Maurizio claimed he was going on a short business trip to Florence – only for Reggiani to find out that he had permanently abandoned the family for his younger lover. (She later claimed that the Guccis’ doctor had to break the news to her.) An even worse betrayal, in Reggiani’s eyes? A few years after the couple split, Maurizio sold the Gucci brand to Bahrain-based firm Investcorp for approximately £150 million – a move necessitated by his own failures at the helm of the company. “I still feel like a Gucci – in fact, the most Gucci of them all,” Reggiani told La Repubblica as recently as 2014, to give you a sense of how closely her identity is bound up with the house.

shutterstock_editorial_297052a.jpg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

40384774-9355133-image-a-9_1615555660181~2.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a fan of Lady Gaga musically. I recognize she has talent as I did enjoy her National Anthem when she did the Super Bowl. But I think she is perfect for this character. This movie will do well, high fashion, murder for hire maybe some Italian mob stuff. Looking forward to it.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

I have never gotten a handle on her face. She looks different every time - -  - I wouldn't know her if she rang my doorbell.

Now........Elizabeth Taylor - - Grace Kelly - Cher.............no problem

Honored Contributor

Judging by the photos I think Lady GaGa look wise, fits the part perfectly!  She looks very much the Italian woman in the Sophia Loren style.  As far as the movie, I will watch  but would also like to read the book.  

In my opinion, the choice of Driver and GaGa in these roles was a good one.

Esteemed Contributor

I love, love, love Gaga 🥰

Honored Contributor

Gaga is a great actress.  I'm interested in seeing the movie.  The costumes look amazing.

Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids   I, too, love the wedding pumps ~ the side view  immediately made me think of the blue Manolo Blahnik shoes that Carrie wore to marry Mr. Big.

Not sure if Lady's were the white version, but they are stunning : )

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 ,

Thanks for these great photos!

She really is stunning.

I hope they will stream the movie somewhere.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Irish1210 wrote:

@Love my grandkids   I, too, love the wedding pumps ~ the side view  immediately made me think of the blue Manolo Blahnik shoes that Carrie wore to marry Mr. Big.

Not sure if Lady's were the white version, but they are stunning : )

You have a great eye! I just read they are the MB Carrie wedding shoes. Obviously they didn't exist back then, but it's a movie.

Here's the real wedding dress

maurizio-gucci-patrizia-reggiani-wedding-1973.jpg